peterpan

FISH-EYE ZENITAR M 2.8/16 LENS

It's a very heavy manual lens. Pictures have the fish eye look to them although it is not as drastic on cameras with a 1.6 factor like your 400D. You do have to be right on top (2-4) feet away from the subject otherwise it looks like you were a mile away when you took the shot.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I used it on my old pentax film camera.

It was great for the price and not too heavy. I liked using small fixed lenses then because the stills was mounted on the front of my top mount helmet and wasn't as intrusive as the longer zoom lenses. i use a side mont now so it is not as important. you do have to fly close for this lens (not as much on a digital camera).

I never had a poblem and it never fogged and i was jumping to 15000' in cold queenstown winters!

having said all that i would prefer to pay for a lens that doesn't distort the scenery but you have to pay good $ to get one that takes as much in as the Zenitar.

My $0.02

good luck
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have one but I seldom use it. The problem I have is with light. Since it is a fully manual lens the shots either come out too dark or washed out. Once in awhile you get lucky. I don't use it for working jumps because I am afraid the shots may not come out.

If anyone has any tips on what settings to use with this lens I would love to hear it. 16 works sometimes but even set at 22 you can get totally washed out on a bright sunny day.

The following pics were taken with this lens and my old analogue Canon EOS 500:
http://www.padalstvo.com/e107_plugins/coppermine_menu/thumbnails.php?album=83

I used manual settings, and all of the pics turned out OK, except for the sharpness. The only problem i have, are the black areas in the corners, which is due to the mounting. Otherwise, i really like it.

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org