Kynan1

Mounting a Panasonic Camera?

What'd you go and buy a panasonic for? Any vidiot knows, only sony!

82 jumps, not a vidiot yet, but ready to strap one on?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Don't buy on 3CCD alone either. A single 1/3 CCD or a .5 CMOS will beat a 3 chip, 1/8 or 1/6 any day.
Maybe you could pirate a Sony from a Best Buy or Good Guys. That would be "kinda neat.":S
The reason that the boxes are all made for Sony cams is because by far, the majority of skydivers use Sony. The LANC control is somewhat necessary for start/stop and seeing if the cam is on/off, and they're rugged.
There is a reason that most jumpers and the SIM recommend waiting to at least 200 jumps. It's hell to wait, but a lot safer for others and yourself.

I would agree that 200 jumps is a good number, before actually trying to film someone. I would wait more to do that, but a camera on my head after 100 sounds good for me.
1/3CCD looks better than 3 1/6CCD's. I need to read up more on CMOS sensors, etc before evaluating that one. I would have to say that processing colors separately should give you the better image. Plus, it looks kind of neat.[:/]

I would agree that 200 jumps is a good number, before actually trying to film someone. I would wait more to do that, but a camera on my head after 100 sounds good for me.

What is the difference???
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

1/3CCD looks better than 3 1/6CCD's. I need to read up more on CMOS sensors, etc before evaluating that one. I would have to say that processing colors separately should give you the better image. Plus, it looks kind of neat.[:/]

Look into it, you'll learn it's about surface area, not number of chips. Surface area =better resolution and better light sensitivity which translates to saturation. A single 1/3 will outperform three 1/8 or three 1/6 even when you've got serious DSP. It's not a subjective question; it's basic math. Kinda like "will I be a safer flier putting a cam on at 200 jumps vs 100 jumps? As far as CMOS, the newest cameras at all ends of the market are turning to CMOS for a lot of reasons, addressable pixels being the least of them. The most highly anticipated camera in the current time is the new RED camera, and it uses a large format CMOS. Single, not three.
Three chips aren't always better than one.