stiletto107

Problem with Lens Dealer

Well as I said, ive been emailing every day and will continue to do so. If it takes an email, phone call and fax every single day, then thats what im going to do to iether get the lenses or get my $350 back.

At least its finally friday,...got a whole weekend of jumping ahead to forget about this crap.

Dude, seriously, reality check - if after a few emails you get no answer it's time for a chargeback. And being on both sides of the table, I can tell you that if you don't ship the product, a consumer chargeback will be honored. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. So quit wasting your energy where it makes no difference and call your credit card issuing bank and dispute the charges. I swear it takes all of 3 minutes to do.

good luck

If it's a debit card, it's not so easy.
If the vendor disputes it, it's not so easy.
If it's gone past 30 days, it's not so easy.

If you can get the 300.00 back for me in 24 hours, I'll give you 20% of it.

There are always exceptions to the rule. But there's no way a vendor can dispute a charge for tangible products without proof of shipping and subsquent proof of delivey. And if the dealer in question is in fact disputing chargebacks, then he is acting like a 1st class scumbag (keep in mind, I am writing of the assumption that that he has thrown in the towel, thus not answering emails is along the lines of not responding to chargebacks)

Debit cards may be different, and I honestly don't have as much experience with them, but should still offer you consumer protection.

as far as past 30 days - doesn't matter - if it's an issue of non-delivery - I believe most cutoffs are 180 days FOR CREDIT CARDS.

Send me $60, I will see what I can do :)

Send me $60, I will see what I can do :)

Once burned, twice shy.:P

Seriously, I think Royal is now just not responding to the (I believe are snail-mail) letters from my bank. I use a debit card like a credit card, but this is the first time I've run into this situation, ever.
Not responding isn't really the same as refusing the refund, so I should probably be more fair about that.
They allow 14 days for a response, then it goes into another category which is where it sits now.

Although this doesn't give the direct # to Max himself, there is a couple numbers of his web client. They might like to know that they are supporting a guy that is using their service to conduct fraud. If enough people hound them, perhaps something will be done.

http://www.who.is/whois-com/ip-address/royal-lens.com/

Here is a better # for the host.

John Bacan
440-331-0560
[email protected]

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Perhaps you guys should try PMing him. His user name is genfreefly and his last logon was this past Saturday the 20th. Maybe he's even been reading this thread. [:/]

If so, why hasn't he responded? Either on this thread, or at least a PM to those who need answers?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Perhaps you guys should try PMing him. His user name is genfreefly and his last logon was this past Saturday the 20th. Maybe he's even been reading this thread. [:/]

If so, why hasn't he responded? Either on this thread, or at least a PM to those who need answers?

ltdiver

Very good point. I was going to call and order a lens from him but this thread has changed that.,. Max is a realy good guy..very down to earth. Hope all is well with him. At least respond on here and set everyone straight regarind your situation
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Yes, exactly,...if he would just respond either on this thread or to some pm's/emails to set things straight everyone would be a lot less aggravated. I will happily wait a while longer for the lens because I know its a good product but at the moment its as if he has dropped off the face of the planet and ive apparently thrown my money along with him.

Im having such a hard time with my bank trying to get the charges reversed, it seems like its not going to be possible since im on the other side of the planet from Royal-lens and my bank hasn't had a response from max either. This is rediculous.

Bump

Just checking if anyone has had any luck iether getting their lenses or getting their money back?

My bank wont reverse the charges ($350) unless they get a fax from royal-lens indicating that the lenses have not been sent to me. So in other words there is no way for me to get my money back.

Does anyone have any other contact details for royal other than these:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

201 538 4652 - phone
201 934 1630 - fax

cheers

If he has done this to a bunch of people, I would suggest contacting lawyer. Just because he is having a hard time is no excuse to rip other people off.
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

FFlyer, no responses to mail, FAX, nor phone calls, and my bank is acting in much the same way, expecting a response from Royal Lens.
You can also add [email protected] to your list, and the address for Genfreefly:
Generation Freefly
49 Oxford Court
Ramsey, NJ 07446
It would appear that they're reading the forums, last login was on the 28th of Jan.
I don't know that hiring a lawyer to recover 300.00 is worth the time nor aggravation; maybe that's what Royal lens is counting on.[:/]
Anyway you look at it, it's a crappy deal.
I'm hoping he'll be at PIA, but it seems doubtful.

I completely agree; Royal is obligated to close their website and/or respond to those that have given them money. Even a simple "I don't want to deal with this and if you want your money, screw off" would be appreciated at this point.
That said, I still have some glimmer of hope that Max will do the right thing. He's a really good guy, and has always had the skydiving community at the front of his actions, or seemed to.
Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I doubt it.:|
Max has a degree in sociology, so I'm sure he's already figured out that folks will take a long time forgetting if he doesn't fix this situation soon.

If Max carries on like this he can become a rich man accepting payments and never actually providing the products. >:(

Yes its clear that he is logging on,...at least twice in the last two weeks. I have sent him the link to this thread.

There must also be several people who dont read these forums who are also ordering and paying for these lenses. This needs to stop, that site needs to be shut down.

Like DSE said, I would be happy with any reply right now,...I dont care what it is, just some communication from Royal.

well why not report it it is fraud is it not ? do you not have any distance selling laws in the states that cover this or perhaps police intervention on the Fraud part your the guys out off pocket :|

Id love to be able to do something more about it but being on the other side of the planet (South Africa), doesn't make it easy. My bank already refuses to do anything unless they hear from Royal-lens first. I dont even know where to start if I went to the cops saying I got ripped off on the internet.

Im hoping some of the people living in the US will do something further (take it to the police or something).

It's been almost a month since the first post f this problm, and I am wondering.... no one has physically gone to 49 Oxford Ct. Ramsey, NJ 07446? What's there? empty warehouse? just curious.

I doubt anyone has actually gone there, but I really hope someone does if they live close enough.

Im on my way to the police station today to lay a charge of fraud against Max and Royal. Ive contacted him via fax, phone and email to let him know I plan on doing this but have still had no response. Well, before long he will be blacklisted.

Unless you have something saying he has actually seen your correspondence, like a certified/registered letter, you don't have much proof for the cops to go on. Max would have to sign to get those letters.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Unless you have something saying he has actually seen your correspondence, like a certified/registered letter, you don't have much proof for the cops to go on. Max would have to sign to get those letters.

Taking money and not delivering a product and not issuing a refund constitutes fraud. Somebody please correct me.

Frankly with all the problems people are having, and assuming they are doing chargebacks with their issuing banks, I am quite surprised that Royals credit card processor has not shut his service down yet.

So, how many of you HAVE CHARGED BACK - as in called your CC and disputed the charges ?

This is probably won't help at all, I purchase from him a couple years ago more like three if my memory serves me well, no problems. But after a couple problems purchasing equipment in internet no really with royal lens, I only charge my American Express card, a problem like this will be solve in one phone call to the AM/CC custumer center, it sucks to have to eat the charges in a fraudulent purchase I been there more than once, my only recommendation is to use Ameriac Express, sorry if it sounds like an advert.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

This is probably won't help at all, I purchase from him a couple years ago more like three if my memory serves me well, no problems. But after a couple problems purchasing equipment in internet no really with royal lens, I only charge my American Express card, a problem like this will be solve in one phone call to the AM/CC custumer center, it sucks to have to eat the charges in a fraudulent purchase I been there more than once, my only recommendation is to use Ameriac Express, sorry if it sounds like an advert.

I don't buy things on the internet with my Debit card because it doesn't offer fraud protection. My credit card does though.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

For everyone not living in Australia who may not know about cookie products... From my experience their customer service is outstanding, they are both great guys to deal with (very interested in product feedback and just a general skydiving chat) and the cookie helmet plus lense I have are awesome. Sorry to hear that another skydiver could piss the community off so much...:(
www.cookiecomposites.com