stiletto107

Problem with Lens Dealer

I got a full setup and they were putting it together. So that was taking a few days and they just got it in the mail three or so days ago.
#148 Sonic Scrat
"Have you ever kissed a rabbit between the eyes?" Woodpecker pulling out his pants pockets to the waitress

I just got a phone call from Max. Since I never followed through with disputing the charges, instead giving him the benefit of the doubt, he is going to overnight my lens, given that he still has my money.

I suspect that if you have a pending order with Max, he will be contacting you in the next few days to get things squared away.

It sucks when people or businesses make the wrong decision, but I'm always glad to see them try to make up for it. Restores my faith in humanity. :)

I just got a phone call from Max as well, so it would seem he's working his way down a list.
Very nice to hear from him in person as opposed to an email. I'm confident after speaking with him, that he'll be making good on all orders.

I just got a phone call from Max as well, so it would seem he's working his way down a list.
Very nice to hear from him in person as opposed to an email. I'm confident after speaking with him, that he'll be making good on all orders.

Max is a great guy. We all have lapses.

JP

So, it seems that things are being resolved with this issue, but I do have a question for those of you that have talked with him lately.

What was the reason given for your purchase not being shipped and your contact efforts denied? With some saying that their credit card reversal was fought by Max......this just doesn't make much sense. I'm sure there are a lot of jumpers out there that will never do business with this company again, and unless some amazing set of circumstances created these problems, I'm sure it will stay this way.

I don't think Max "fought" reversal of charges, he just didn't respond to bank requests. He explained his position/situation to me, and I found it to be reasonable enough that I'll be doing business with him again, more than likely.
As others said many times, he's a good guy. He went through rough times. He apologized, and made it right. AFAIC, that's a stand-up response.
I wish I'd have had my lenses for a couple of events, but I also understand sh** happens.

Call him and ask him then.

If Max wants to come on here and say what happened more power to him, but if not oh well.

If you really want to know though call him, the source couldn't be any better.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

He explained his position/situation to me, and I found it to be reasonable enough

What was his reason? Unless I hear a good one, I won't ever order anything from him.

It's not my story to tell...
I'd probably feel the same as you, however, if I wasn't aware of how things were for him. I'm sure others feel the same as you. All I can say is that I'll be ordering another lens from him shortly, and will consider it as a "second chance." I believe everyone deserves a couple...having needed a second chance at one point or another in my life.

He explained his position/situation to me, and I found it to be reasonable enough

What was his reason? Unless I hear a good one, I won't ever order anything from him.

Well, that's one of the things that makes skydiving different than the ourside world. It's smaller. I know Bonnie of gravity gear better than Max, but if she went through a rough patch I'd wait and still do business with her. Max is a standup guy. I'll always only buy wides from him.

Skydiving is small. It's about individuals and people aren't as resilient as big businesses.

Cheers, Max, I hope all is well.

JP

Well, that's one of the things that makes skydiving different than the ourside world. It's smaller. I know Bonnie of gravity gear better than Max, but if she went through a rough patch I'd wait and still do business with her. Max is a standup guy. I'll always only buy wides from him.

I suppose I might feel that way too if I knew him. But I don't know him at all. I think it's reasonable to be wary of someone (who I don't know from Adam) after reading a thread like this about his business on the internet. I'm sure other people who have read this, who don't know this man at all, feel the same way.

Skydiving is small. It's about individuals and people aren't as resilient as big businesses.

Cheers, Max, I hope all is well.

JP

That is true and I have one of his lenses and I like it. The problem is that I recomended him to a couple of people who had major problems with his company. I look bad because of it. That I don't really want to deal with. I can't in good faith recomend a company that has a known track record of major problems. I mean, I would be open to it but not till long after the company has reproven themselves.

That goes for anyone doing business in skydiving or anything else for that matter.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

For what it's worth, it appears Max is bending over backwards to work out his problem. I chose to take the risk of ordering another lens from him last week after he'd made good on the long-delayed order, and not only did the order arrive 2 days later, but he followed up with a phone call to be sure I was good with everything.
So...hoping his bumps in the road have smoothed out, but I'm one to say he made good and then some.