markovwgti

Well the new HC-5 and HC-7 are up for sale on Sony.com

The HC7 has a new opticial image stabiliser, might not work in freefall?!

I guess someone will just have to buy one to find out.

The HC5 has a very similar spec to the HC3, the HC7 is a higher spec camera altogether.

I wish I could afford either right now! :P

no one in Europe already has the HC5 or 7.
What makes you think they do? they were only announced internationally, yesterday. Sony only has 3 prototypes of each in the US, and 2 in EU, plus a smattering around the rest of the globe.

Yeah, huh?
I've been a keynote at IBC for four years running. Been there.
No, there has been NO release of either of these camcorders in Europe, unless you know something Miyo Kobayashi doesn't know, and he's the international product manager. Cel Vargas is the EU product manager, and he also wondered where anyone had seen these two camcorders outside of the CES show. Of the 5 HC5's that are here, two are empty shells for show.
I believe you're thinking of another camcorder model.

I have never seen any Sony camcorder (consumer) released here in Europe before it was released in the USA. I guess because USA and Japan use NTSC, while we have PAL ...(not that I wanted NTSC ;) )

But it looks like these cams will be available in stores here and in the USA around the same time.

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

because USA and Japan use NTSC, while we have PAL ...(not that I wanted NTSC Wink )

Most electronic equipment can support both standards except Sony :P. They same some dime on PAL support and selling PAL equipment higher price than NTSC.

Plus they make some mods to the PAL camera's >:( The low-end models have dv-input disabled, and the HC1E had some restrictions compared tot the HC1, but that seems to have been fixed later on.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I am curious about using the HC-5 or 7 for tandem video and stills. I hope you guys who are getting one right away post your impressions of it here. I'm curious about the lanc port issue, shutter switch vs cameye? It would seem like one would have to be left off.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream