armydiver21

Final Cut Pro and video skydiving

does anyone here use apple's Final Cut Pro for editing their footage? I am trying to find a Dv Video camera that will be compatible with apple's FCP and also have a d box or somekind of side box system. I've tried several of the sony cam's because they have boxes that cookie composites makes, but all the camera's are discontinued. If someone could help me out, that would be great.

I'm assuming you're the jumper that emailed me. Just to answer the question publicly, any DV, HDV or HD camera you buy will work with FCP. The only questionable cameras that may/will not work are the AVI-based cameras [perhaps the DVD-based cameras as well, I'm not sure]. Those are generally lower quality as well and are generally not compatible with skydiving, so it's not much of an issue.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Not quite true...;)
The Canon 24f format isn't totally supported (yet) nor is the 24p in the Sony V1U (yet). The really exciting news though, is that the CineForm codec will shortly be available on the Mac, therefore allowing the silly HDV/AIC conversion to Quicktime to be escaped.
That said, I'd guess that fewer than a dozen V1's are being used in skydiving, and given the issues of the HV10 and the Canon A1 sharing the same OIS, none of those are being used, so other than me being a stickling prick, MB38's answer is correct (I'm assuming you're also the person who emailed me).