markovwgti

So what kind of digital camcorder to buy??

I just started jumping and recently got done with afp, im not gona buy this camera to jump withit tomorrow since i know i cnat, but i wanna buy something now just to video tape a few car races we have and random things, but when i do get 200 jumps i woudl love to videotape jumps with it, which sony camera shoudl i get, pc1000??, money really isnt an issue since i will finance it from best buy or circuit city!! :)

i was thinking maybe this camera??
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7972811&productCategoryId=pcmcat91400050052&type=product&id=1153999197364

PC1000 is no longer for sale (new), so it's not an option. I'd personally wait to buy a camera for jumping when you're ready for that, but whenever you get it, just go to the store and pick one out that meets your needs. Things to start thinking about before you go camera shopping are what kind of helmet you'd like to have and how much you want to spend. If you know you want a side mount helmet, your camera options are going to be more limited. Other than that, if you've chosen Sony already, you'll want MiniDV (unless maybe solid state memory cameras improve by that time), and probably a lanc port, but that's not 100% essential, just a nice convenience. It should also accept wide angle lenses. Right now, your choices are pretty limited. Shouldn't be hard to find the one you're looking for.

Now having just graduated, you probably don't have much idea of what you'd want in a camera helmet or a camera for jumping, so that's why I'd wait on it. When you're ready to jump it and know what you want, go shopping.

EDIT: the camera you're looking at is not appropriate for skydiving for (at least) one reason. Read this forum for 10 minutes and I bet you can find out why.

Dave

If you're shopping at Best Buy, consider this Sony miniDV camera. That is if you're wanting to use it on your head (skydiving) next year (or whenever you get 200+ jumps and enough experience to do so).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7603024&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat91400050050&id=1130982553013

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

money really isnt an issue since i will finance it from best buy or circuit city!! :)

i was thinking maybe this camera??
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7972811&productCategoryId=pcmcat91400050052&type=product&id=1153999197364

Why would you finance a camera that costs 1400$ when you can find a store with pricegrabber.com that sells it to you for 899$?
Do americans finance everything?

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

its just easier to finance, im not a adult with $$$ im 20 years ld trying to buy all my skydiving gear, paying off a brand new car, insurance, phone bill.....it sucks :(

hmm, things work different in the US. I am 30 and i never financed anything, but i have never owned a brand new car either. ;)

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.