packing_jarrett

Mindwarps and still cameras

Is it necessary to have a flat top to mount a still camera. I just bought a brand spankin' new mindwarp+ dBox+ chincup. I used it all this past season filming tandems and it works great. My grandparents bought me my first still camera, Cannon 400D. How the hell do I mount it on my mindwarp. I'm sure this is a common question but I couldn't find anything.

And also my cameye plug just broke off in my PC-109 (also brand new). How do I fix that?

**thanks in advance.
Na' Cho' Cheese

Go here: http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/cammount.htm and go about 3/4 of the way down. There's a little metal tripod looking thing called a "Universal Topper," that's designed to do exactly what you're looking for.

Sean LR
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.

putting the camera on with only one screw at the bottom thru the helmet could break due to torque espcially with a precious 400 D. you might be able to use a camera mount, stroboframe or other and they use two bolts. i am not sure how stabile it would be on the round mindwarp. but the universal topper would do with one hole in it ... if you are hell bent on using no mount, i would get a very large washer or metal you can shape to the inside of the helmet to take the pressure off the composite.

nice 8 way round this weekend. well done !!!
dont let life pass you by

I looked at that item from BoneHead when I was looking to convert a old bonehead Mindwarp I had to a "Still Only" helmet. I have a full Bat Rack but wanted something different for WS flying. I decided to go with a home made sub $2.00 T bracket from Home Depot for my mindwarp. I used the extra cash I saved to buy another Stroboframe set off of E-bay for about $40 so I can quick change my still between my 2 camera helmets. I will try and snap a picture and post it tomorrow. As a side Your set up looks good though other then no quick release but that might not be a big deal if you just want to leave it on the helmet.

I will have to head down to the DZ to take a look... and try and get a few WS flights in with ya!

Scott C.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"