sinjin

.5 cheap wide angle vs .5 expensive/.45/.3

i am looking to get a wider lens than my cheap .5 wide angle for my HC-42. i use the lens for general use. tandem, fun, free, other but mostly outside shots. i want to know is the royal/waycool .5 wider than my cheap .5 ?... and how much wider is the .45 from the .5...i dont mind spending the 200 on the lens but i would like to get the right size. i hear the .3 is very wide so i am skeptical in ordering that particular lens. my DZ is small so i dont have the opportunity to try other lens on my camera. thanks ahead for the information.
dont let life pass you by

For some reason different brand lenses do not match up, so a .45 HAMA is not the exact same angle as a .45 Kenko. I had a Sony .6 that was as wide as my hama .45! Then the viewing angle also depends on which video camera you use and if you use a step-up ring.

.3 is really for inside video. Some will let you zoom in a bit but not all (my brandless one piece lens gets blurry when zooming).

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Has anyone looked at the lenses for sale on ebay?
I'm talking about the ones you find when you do a Sony PC9 search.
There is always a pair of lenses listed with a picture.
One is a .5 (actually .45) and the other is a zoom 2X. They are clearly not from an individual selling their personal equipment.
I'm not sure there is a name.
Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of buying a lense like this versus buying a Way Cool lense or some other brand lense? I would like any suggestions you have.
Be gentle on me ....... this is my first time.
Thanks
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.