IGOLOW

Tonfly camera helmets

I just received my helmet yesterday. I didn't have much time to play around with it but the helmet fits great and the chin cup is very comfortable. The build quality also appears to be excellent. The box for the HC3 is definitely not built as well as a cookie box but it also was less than 1/3 of the price. My initial impressions lead me to believe that at $426.00 (320 euros) including delivery for the custom color helmet with cutaway and custom color HC3 box this was a great value. They even provided a helmet bag for free. I should be mounting cameras in the next few weeks. I will provide an update with pictures when it's done.

I just received my Fuego Pro from Tonfly a few days ago. I can fully confirm the statement IGOLOW gave above. Looks very well and seems to be made of good quality. The only thing is that it just doesn’t fit my head (which is certainly a matter of the shape of my head, not of the helmet). People from Tonfly tried to help me about that and that honors them. But there’s is no way to get this thing working for me. The Problem is that Tonfly don’t take it back and gives no refund. So maybe better try before you buy.

Yup, you most certainly can - from earlier in this forum:

Dear Joseph
You can put the helmet in the oven, it's enough at the temperature of 50 degrees centigrade for shaping it to your head.
Kind Regards

Giovanni Suzzi
TONFLY

Cheers!
http://www.childrenofthesky.com

Freefly!

I'm a tonfly's buyer from 2001 and I never had any problem. I always consider Tonfly as the best company for skydiving things.
So when I read your post I've called Tonfly about your problem, and he answer me that they sent to you an e-mail for refund of your money.

If you haven't received that e-mail write to [email protected] and ask a new send.

you easily have the clearance to mount stills (assuming an XT-size cam) on the forehead. Heck, with the Diablo..you could mount video on side, video on top, stills on front, and flash (or other device) on the right side (I wouldn't, but you could).
It doesn't have a lot of top surface area, but it has a lot of flat area.
Best of all, IMO, it weighs almost nothing.

I’ve got the TonFly CC1 and am very pleased. I think they’re the best made helmets on the market (cost aside). I’ve used it with both side and top mount cameras. Attached is a pic with the box for Sony CX6.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

Looks very similar to my 2K Composites helmet.

No disrespect meant to 2K Composites, but hold the two helmets side by side (I have).
The Tonfly is lighter, yet feels more....'substantial' might not quite be the right word.

2 pieces, top mount plate + front mount bracket. A ZkullsTM attaches the top mount plate to the helmet. The L bracket of the stills attaches with Zkulls to the top mount plate. Complete system removes by removing top plate.
From the shelve ( http://www.rcb-lab.com/zkulls46.htm ) an older version but similar to the actual one.