PROGRESSIVE

Pinnacle version 9 DVD burn

Another question regarding this program.

I've mass produced several DVDs and found that on some the DVDs the footage hesitates, or hangs up in certain segments of the film. I've cleaned up my DVD player, which has helped, but has not eliminated this problem. Other DVDs that I've burned are perfect, no jerky frames or hang ups.

Is this problem due to a bad DVD burner, or is it the Pinnicle software, such as when its rendering?

Pete

i found that Pinnecal often makes erros if the pc works on other stuff than just Pinnecal..
My pc aint small,i dunno why i get theese issues,but try shut down evrything else than Pinnecal as you ask it to render or burn..

hope it helps

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

Yep. The DVD+R is what was recommended to me. Also, replication is far more superior than duplication. DVDs at the video store are replicated. Duplicated DVDs are prone to hang ups with older DVD players, and in rare instances newer players as well. Replication is big bucks!

The best advise from what I've learned is have one DVD produced without any other programs running, or e-mails coming in while its being burned. Make certain its a good burn by using several different players, such as your friends to ensure its a good burn. Then, take the DVD and have it professionally duplicated in a stand alone process for a nominal fee.

All DVDs have errors, but the newer DVD players are more accurate in translating the data with fewer, or no hang ups. The older players suck!

This is all new info that I've recently obtained. This madness all started by purchasing a cam helmet...dooh!

Pete

I heard somewhere that the latest versions of Pinnacle have problems. Earlier versions (I think up to 8?) were fine.

Of course Premiere/others also need as much memory etc as you can give it, but I can render in PP2.0 while doing photoshop work, read my email and burn/recode a dvd using Nero at the same time! (Don't ask me WHY I do all that that though :P)

This on a laptop with 2 gb RAM, dual core processor 1.8 GHz, G-force Go 7400 graphics, 2x s-ata harddrives/usb2.0 external harddrives. Ie, pretty good specs for a laptop but still "only" a laptop.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

There are many many dvd players out there that only play DVD-R type discs.

I have also found that DVD+R seem to work better that DVD-R.

DVD players (the one for the TV) are still being sold new today that do not play DVD+R.
The burner speed (16x) seems to give me more problems so I have slowed the burn speed down to 4x or 8x and that seems to help with the disc holding up better / longer.
As far as hanging... up does it do this when watching final product on computer after being rendered on the computer?
If so than resources (shut down all programs etc..other than what you need for DVD) and try again

John Maggio

I discovered the DVD hanging up when I decided to have a little party at my friends house using his DVD player. When a small crowd gathered, I hit "play" What a joke! It would just hang up and stagger from frame to frame. Needless to say, I immediately lost the interest of my audience...Bummer!

On my computer and on my home DVD player, there was no evidence of any problems with the DVD.

Bottom line, I will use my DVD player when showing off my DVDs at partys, etc. because I know it'll work.

Pete