SkydiveMO

New music for videos

There have been several threads with everyone’s favorite music picks for skydiving videos. These have come in very handy for expanding my current collection for dubbing. Now I’d like to know what new music everyone is using. Try and limit your suggestions to only the newest releases. Let’s say released in the last two years. Thanks

Here's a few I've started using...
Jerk It Out - Caesars
Devil in Me - 22-20's
Birdsong - The Golden Dogs
The Boxer - The Chemical Brothers
Here It Goes Again - OK GO

I make it a point to use a song nobody else would be very likely to use. As such I would not throw any recommendations out there. :P I have about 2000 albums in my mp3 collection and when I start a new video project I usually take a whole day trying to decide what song to use. :D Download videos from my website to see what I've used in the past.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy

I've also been using his cover of "Gone daddy, gone" and "Smiley faces" - both of them are kickass tracks.

And for the tandem passengers that look like they're into the heavier stuff i've been using a few tracks off the new Muse album called "Absolution" - in particular a track called "Starlight"

Andother nice one is the Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Snow, hey oh" off their new album

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Gabriel Rios - Broad Daylight

Syke ´n´ Sugarstarr & Alexandra Prince - Are You (Watching Me Watching You)

Air - All I Need

Razorlight - America

J-Five - Modern Times (Rove Dogs Remix)

Flyleaf - Fully Alive

The Barenaked Ladies - Pinch Me

Metallica - Fuel

Axwell ft. Steve Edwards - Watch the Sunrise

The Postal Service - Such Great Heights

Teddybear Stockholm - Yours To Keep

My top three!

Alter Bridge......Metalingus
My Chemical Romance.......I'm Not O K (I Promise)
Puddle of Mudd.....Spin You Around

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

This is one of the perfect songs that just hit me the very first time I heard it. I knew exeactly where it should go and how to use it.

Lustra-Scotty Doesn't Know
from the movie Eurotrip. To listen to it just CLICKY .The sound quaility is kinda crappy and the flash animation is distracting but you at least get to listen to it for free.

Once you listen to it, picture the end of your year end video where the screen is black and the names are scrolling up the screen. This song is playing at 80% volume and every once in a while you put in a small video window of a quirb, blooper or a 15 sec short that didn't make it into the main video while dropping the volume to 50% when the video is playing. It worked awesome for me and I would have never have found it unless someone at the DZ was watching the movie at the time.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, everyone keep them coming. There’s just too much good music out there to find it all on your own. Many of the songs I’ve found for my skydiving videos were the only gem on some of the worst CDs I’ve ever listened to. It’s nice to let others help me filter through all that bad music.

Blue Skies

Have you checked out any of the local music in your area? The camera guy at my DZ threw a video together for me, and I requested that he use some music from a local band I like. When he heard it, he asked who they were, and for me to get in touch with them to see if he could use more of their music. Of course, they were happy to oblige (more people getting their music out to the masses).

It would be a good way for you to get some fresh music that not many people have heard. Go to some of the local spots that host the local scene. Ask them what bands have a good sound, they might have some recorded sessions for you to listen too, and see if there is anything you like.

The band that I used was The Sound and The Fury, out of Kansas City. The broke up back in March...but had an awesome sound.
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil...For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
SR-71 hangar entrance sign at Kadena AFB, Japan

Regardless of what song it is. If it's used poorly....it sucks. If it's used well.....you have a masterpiece.
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

Have you checked out any of the local music in your area?

Good suggestion. Check out this band : Royal Bliss. You can find them on iTunes and MySpace. They're just good ol rock n roll.
---------------------
Twin Falls BASE Co.
208-423-8080
www.twinfallsbase.com