ebusto

Royal Lens / Max Cohen?

I ordered a lens from Royal Lens last Monday, and paid for overnight shipping.

Not hearing whether or not it has shipped, I sent an e-mail late last week and received no response. I tried calling just now the two numbers on the Royal Lens website, the first had a full mailbox, and the second was disconnected.

My credit card was charged within a day of my order. Does anyone know what is up with Royal Lens? Has anyone successfully ordered from them recently? I would hate to have to cancel my order and have my credit card company reverse the charges, as I've heard great things about Royal Lens' products.

This might be way out there but if you ordered a .5 lense from them (the most popular one) just before Christmas, there might be a back log and their reason for taking a few days to get back to you.

Don't let them talk you into a .3 I have had a few people run down that road and unless you are doing lots of free flying actuating hanging on to someones ankle and wrist at the same time, the .5 is the way to go for general skydving and usefull shots.

Actually, I ordered a .3, since I'll do most of my video flying in close, at least initially. I don't mind things taking a while to ship in the case that they are out of stock, but being completely inaccessible to a customer is frustrating to say the least.

same thing happened to me last year. I ordered it and paid for over night. I heard nothing from max and after 2 weeks finaly got my money back and bought a way cool. get way cool it has the option of a filter to protect the lense. no filter on R.L. so be carefull of scratches.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

i am in the same boat as you , i ordered last week on a .3 with overnight shipping and have not heard anything.. i have also called and emailed.. i have also heard great things about these products and services..:S

i sold my lens to another guy expecting have this one and i need to get one soon :(

if you hear something please post...

pablo
dont let life pass you by

Way Cool lenses offer a protective cover over the lens so that the only thing to get scratched would be the cover, not the expensive lens.

Are the covers plastic or glass? plastic would be kinda silly and inviting scratches in the first place.

Either way I'd seriously question the need. I have a glass 0.3x lens with no filter over it and after about 900 jumps, while the d-box near the camera lens and the metal bezel of the lens itself are thoroughly jacked up, the glass is in perfect shape.

That said, buy the lens from someone who's going to talk to you. I've had mixed experiences with Max. With the first lens I bought from him I got the, "got the order" e-mail, "lens is shipped" e-mail, and received the lens all within a few days. The second time around (bought a 0.5x too) it took months, and communication wasn't very good.

At the time he was the only one selling the really low profile lenses, but now that there are serious competitors out there he's going to have to step up the customer service.

Anyone heard from Royal/Max yet? I ordered a lens with priority shipping 10 days ago, still haven't seen it, but card has been charged. No response to email and no answer at phone. I did get a confirmation email after the order.
Past experiences have been very good, maybe the holidays have them choked up?

dse

i am in the same boat as you. i ordered two weeks ago,, got charged for overnight shipping with no lens, no email, no phone call. >:(

i heard great things about mr cohen and this is not cool. if you hear something before i do please PM.

thanks
dont let life pass you by

I've had one good experience with them, but communication wasn't as good as I'd have liked. This one...I made it clear in my purchase that I needed it overnighted (2+weeks ago now) and I have since left on the travel for which I needed this lens.>:(
While I'm sure they have the best of intentions, they really need to communicate better. I ordered a similar lens from Diamond just in case Royal royally screwed me, and they had it to me in two days (from Europe).
Maybe they've got a good explanation for why they've left folks hanging. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt.