sky-pimp

SONY PC or HC

i seem to be getting the impression that the PC range of camcorders are preferred for skydiving , well over here in the UK that is .
I'm being told there more robust than the HC range and have the good old DV in and out so ya can all swop your footage without any messing about .

Any opinions out there as i am getting my info from only one DZ and this is the well of knowledge ..
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

Not all pc's have dv-in! And the more expensive hc's do have dv-in. Also, pc style camera's are not made anymore so you'll have to look 2nd hand. Basically, get a pc for sidemount and a hc (or pc or trv) for topmount. If you can get dv-in as it is a hassle if you don't and then want to copy stuff from friends.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I think the lowest model with DV in is the HC 20 series.

I specifically shose the HC series over the PC for the smaller form factor, they are slightly thinner and lower. This allowed me to sidemount the camera for SL dispatching, following students, FF
and 1st person stuff.

I originally had a HC 30 as it was the lowest spec model with Digital/Analogue input and output.

I then upgraded to the HC40 as it has a better sensor, and I have now upgraded to a HD1 (woo hoo).

I believe the newer PC and for that matter HC models require you to use a base staion to allow firewire use. Whilst this isnt a major drawback it does make it difficult to share footage on the fly.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.