2fat2fly

I beg your indulgence

I was planning on buying a vid camera when I got my bonus next month but my wife has decided that she need one sooner. I'd like to get one that she can use adn that I can slap a wide angle lense on and use jumping also. She wants to shop tonight and I don't have time to search all of this-shoot me some ideas
Thanks
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

I'm kinda sorta thinking shane (2fat2fly) has more then 22 jumps... and that his jump numbers are just not correct... now he may not have 200 but... :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Sorry, I don't update the profile..I can probably cover the number requirements by at least one or two:)I would normally take the time to research myself, but I've learned that when momma is ready to buy, I'd better jump quick before she changes her mind.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Thinks Id make sure you have on your new cam:
Sony.
Firewire port
LANC port
MiniDV

Ive got a PC105, but they dont make them anymore.
The above criteria would keep you happy and have enough stuff to swap vids etc.
Oh, and make sure you can get a box for it! ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'd seriously consider that you look into HD of some sort, such as HDV, given that even though the cam is for fun, you'll likely be viewing it in the future on an HD monitor. I'm a bit of a snob, but SD on an HD monitor is worse than just "bad" but terrible.
There are only a couple camcorders that fit the profile, but HD is coming on hard.
However, there are also lots of used DV cams out there for short term.
All that said, with CES only 4 weeks away, if "momma" can wait for a few weeks to see what's new, you might just want to wait. This is the year of several small HD camcorders being announced; I know of at least one CF-based HD camcorder coming.

The HC3 is currently the only side-mountable cam Sony currently has, and it's a far cry from the A1 that you've already got. Let's hope for something new at this year's CES show, Jan 8-11. I'd like to say more, but they'd have to kill me if I did.[:/]
But...CES will have some killer lower cost, non HDD HD cams to announce.