FrikkenSkydiver

Perris Fury is looking for a videographer

Got Video? Be a part of our team!

Perris Fury has been a successful, professional 4-way team for over two years. We anticipate winning US Nationals next year and are looking for a video guy or gal to represent the United States with us.

The person we are looking for is as dedicated to camera as we are to our 4-way. As with the rest of the teammates, we need someone who is fun, excited, and positive. Experience is wonderful, but enthusiasm and attitude are more important. We are willing to train anyone who has the drive for excellence. Hired guns are not a good fit.

Perris Fury believes the video person is a total teammate and wants someone who is willing to share in our successes and daily challenges. We understand the higher costs and unique nature of this position and do our best to accommodate and integrate our camera person.

As our success grows, Fury receives many benefits including free and discounted equipment and other fantastic paybacks. As our camera person, you will have prime opportunities to film many of Perris’ great events.

Our camera person is welcome to participate in as much of our growing business as they desire. You can also expect to be our first choice when it comes to filming the teams we coach and organize.

Perris Fury schedules approximately 100 training jumps a month, almost entirely midweek, making over 800 jumps through the entire season. Our schedule is available for the 2007 season.

For further information or to indicate your interest, talk with any member of Fury, or email [email protected].

I wish I could volunteer it but alas I'm on the wrong side of the country... [:/]

but hey if anyone in the ohio valley is looking for a dedicated and enthuastic vidiot... I would love to play... :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Everyone,

Our intention was not to "stir the pot" by putting our posting for a full-time camera person here on the forum. It was our intention to offer a very promising opportunity to an eager camera flyer. If it has offended anyone that we posted for the position then it would be ok with us for the post to be removed. However, I would like to point out that the response so far from interested parties has been great.

I believe this is not an advertisement considering we are not selling anything and we are offering a great opportunity with many perks and rewards to be had. In all actuality it is more of a job posting/looking for a teamate post. It is commonplace for 4-way teams looking for members to post in these forums, however some of you have found our post to not fit this bill. As you are definitely entitled to your opinion on the topic, I pose this question to you. Is the camera flyer not a member of the team and are we not just looking to fill the slot for a teamate?

Like I said previously, if a moderator finds our original post to be inapporpriate for the forum, please remove it, otheriwse we look forward to hearing from any additional camera flyers interested in the opportunity to be an integral part of our team as it grows into the furture.

Regards,
Chris Farina, Perris Fury

Chris, I dont know if you thought my post was attacking you for posting this, it wasn't.

I would love to be able to film a team....but unless you are willing to relocate to my home DZ( which was obviously not goingto happen) I was out too.

the racing for the tiolet comment was just a joke in reply to the other poster.

I could care less if you filled the entire forum with advertisements, announcements or legit posts.
My photos

My Videos

Hey... the post has been up here this long and Quade has not removed it because I guess he feels it is not advertising. I would side with that thinking too. I personally see this as little different then some of the RW jumpers posting looking for fillers for a throw together team for Nationals.

That said this is not an invitation to spam the fourms every weekend when you need a spare videographer for a team, meet or for DZ Business. The Classifieds are for that. ;)

If I was in So-Cal.. I would love this shot. I hope someone out there picks up on this great shot and makes the most of it!
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Actually, the reason I didn't immediately delete this thread is that I am conflicted by it for personal reasons.

Since, as the Moderator of this Forum, I should be as impartial as possible, I let it stand; erroring on the side of a trivial advertisement in lue of my personal bias.

I wish all parties involved well.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Just for future reference would it have been less of a "thing" if they posted an ad than linked the ad here under the same title?

I would prefer that no ads are posted, but since this is, at the very least, a semi-professional forum, a certain amount of solicitation is bound to occur by its very nature; people talking about their camera inventions such and the CamEye or a wide angle lens. I will pretty much tolerate discussions about any camera flyer topic and the people with a vested interest are more than welcome to provide a link to their web site for further information or possible sale.
quade -

Hey... the post has been up here this long and Quade has not removed it because I guess he feels it is not advertising. I would side with that thinking too. I personally see this as little different then some of the RW jumpers posting looking for fillers for a throw together team for Nationals.

Just for future reference and not to get into a pissing contest but what actually makes this different? why does this team get to use these forums as their personal classifieds thread to look for a camera man and other rw jumpers who need a cameraman for the nationals not able to?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I've seen other teams ask here for nats. when in need, but it wasn't posted as this one was.
The way I see it is this is where all the camera flyers hang out
Is this an ad? well yes it is, but it is not really the same as XYZ dz hiring someone to work for them, most team camera flyers only do the team jumps.
I for one wouldn't mind if, say Strong posted looking for one of us to go do a photoshoot for them or other special working jump where they need a camera flyer.(like the would ever happen, they'll call Norm K or someone)
What I don't want to see is tons of XZY Dz needs staff camera flyers posted here.
But you bring up a good point, where do you draw the line?
I guess you have to be special.:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

That is all i am asking, where does the line get drawn?

It's like a Judge that has an interest in a trial, he -has- to recuse himself. I thought I made that clear. Maybe not, but in anycase, it stays up for now simply because I have the authority to say yea or nay but hopefully the -wisdom- not to in this particular case.

If that still doesn't make sense to you, ask again . . . I can repeat it all day.
quade -

Just wondering if arizona is allowed to ask for camera men.

In a word, yes . . . but there's a way to do it and a way NOT to do it.

Example of a way NOT to do it;

BFE Dropzone is looking for a few good camera flyers for their student and tandem operation. We're paying $25 per jump; $35 if you do digital stills and video. Call 321.876.5432 and talk with Jo Venuti!

Ok -- that's an obvious and blatant employment ad and it's probably going to get bumped off even if the BFE dropzone is located in Perris.

Example of something that will almost always work;

Hey guys! I'm putting together a team and need a camera flyer. Does anybody know anyone at BFE drop zone?"

Essentially the same thing, but it's a question and not an ad.

Does the original post in this thread cross the line . . . maybe.

Again, I'm letting it stand for other reasons.
quade -

I think it's appropriate.

It's more than an employment ad. It's a commitment. The members of Fury are fun and talented and they are offering to share a searon with a video flyer. It's really not so much a commercial offer as a personal ad.

Best of luck to Fury, and their camera flier.

JP