simpsora

new risers

I'm thinking about getting some new risers, and have a couple of questions:

First of all, I want new risers for a few reasons:
- current risers are the wide ones (type 8?) and my slider won't come down over them
- toggles are attached with velcro, and I keep hearing that you don't want that
- no dive loops

From looking around the forums, it sounds like it's personal preference on whether or not to get the wide or narrow risers.

I have looked around, and don't see much -- paragear only sells 2 kinds, wide and narrow :)
Can someone tell me where to look for risers like I described above? Maybe a brand recommendation too?

* this is for a vector II rig

Also, I'm looking for a new slider (the one I've got doesn't really collapse very well). Do you get sliders from the container or canopy manufacturer? Someone else?

thanks for the help!

Ross

You can order the risers from the container manufacturer The Uninsured Relative Workshop. Expect to pay between $75-$120 depending on options (stainless, TruLock, etc...)

As for the slider, any good rigger should be able to fix your slider. Much cheaper than buying a new one.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

First of all, I want new risers for a few reasons:

- toggles are attached with velcro, and I keep hearing that you don't want that

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Velcro works fine as long as you replace it every 100 or 200 jumps.

Then again, Rob, if people aren't careful with it, it can catch lines and "fuzz" the lines. But, I guess if people aren't careful enough with their gear to do that, then the rest of their gear is probably not treated well either, so it becomes a moot point.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Then again, Rob, if people aren't careful with it, it can catch lines and "fuzz" the lines.

And it's very difficult to be careful with it. Why keep it?
-
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Then again, Rob, if people aren't careful with it, it can catch lines and "fuzz" the lines.

Jumpshack make great risers with snaps on the toggles. No velcro to "eat the lines" and no matter how unstable your deployment (not than mine ever is:S) the toggle stay right there. www.jumpshack.com
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?