lewmonst

Getting a Canon lens fixed?

Anyone had to get their Canon 15mm fisheye fixed?

I think the motor in mine is broken. Sometimes it works, on manual focus only, and sometimes it gives me ERR 99.

I went to two camera stores, who both wanted to charge a "shipping and handling" fee of like $35 just to send it out to their repair place. Then the repair place would send it out to canon, and maybe, just maybe in 3 months I might get it back for under $300...

Needless to say, I didn't give them my lens. So, anyone know of any other Canon lens repair places I can send to directly myself? Or has anyone sent a lens directly to Canon themselves??

Thanks for the help,
Lew
http://www.exitshot.com

you're in SoCal, right? There's a Canon repair facility in Irvine. I've heard that you can just walk in and drop stuff off. Also, if you go to canon's site, you can request a repair estimate. Most of the time they'll give a flat rate price .

I'll find the address for you if you want it.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Based on what you posted, this link is probably right

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=216&modelid=7321

Also, here's the address and phone #

Canon Factory Service Center
15955 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618

949-753-4200
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1