thelem

Sony DCR-HC35 for skydiving?

I'm looking at buying my first camera for skydiving and need some advice on what to get. Most people seem to go for a MiniDV Sony, is that the best choice or are there other brands that are cheaper and still OK? Can hard drive cameras be used in freefall?

The camera I'm currently considering is the Sony HC35, since its Sony's cheapest model that includes DV in/out. My main worry is that neither cookie composites or 2k composites list it as a camera that will fit their helmets, is that just because their website are out of date or is there something that would make it unsuitable?

Cheers for any help.

I'm looking at buying my first camera for skydiving and need some advice on what to get. Most people seem to go for a MiniDV Sony, is that the best choice or are there other brands that are cheaper and still OK? Can hard drive cameras be used in freefall?

The camera I'm currently considering is the Sony HC35, since its Sony's cheapest model that includes DV in/out. My main worry is that neither cookie composites or 2k composites list it as a camera that will fit their helmets, is that just because their website are out of date or is there something that would make it unsuitable?

Cheers for any help.

It will probably do just fine. Most of the higher end features are not necessary. I bet Cookie can fit it in one of their boxes. It probably has close to the same dimensions so best to call and ask them.