skymedic

recovering deleted files from memory card...

Somehow some of our prized pictures of the world series win the other night suddenly disappeared off of our sony camera's memory stick pro. It is to the point my wife wants to chuck it. We did not shoot any more pictures from the time we know they were on there to now. I just went to download them to the computer and they are not there. Not via a card reader or via the camera's own review screen.

Any idea's how we can recover these files if at all??

Thanks,

Marc

There may be something on Versiontracker that will help you...I remember seeing software to do this a while ago but can't remember the name....will do a search...

Here's the search results for "photo recovery". There are three programs listed...2 of which are shareware...you might be able to use one of them to get your photo off without paying the shareware fee. Good luck!

Saw a reference to a freeware program called Exif Untrasher in one of the reviews of the above software....it's free and has 5 star reviews...give Untrasher a try!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

i knew you were a Mac user...I was just thinking I should have noted that in my post so that Windows users would know that software wouldn't work for them if they needed something similar.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Only one catch but here is the program that would work for your needs. It works fab-tab-usously well !!!

DIGITAL OBJECT RESCUE PROFESSIONAL

I could help you out with that in all respects but I see that Murray has already pointed out that you turned down the wrong path early in life :)

*Sure Apple is a vehicle that is as safe as a school bus and gets 1,500 MPG but there are only 2 gas stations in the entire country and 1 garage to buy the (expensive) parts from. The windoze car gets the normal 30 MPG, crashes spontanisously when you turn left on a Tuesday 3 weeks after a full moon but at least there are 86,456 gas stations for it. Oh, and the free market means everyone can fix it, everyone makes cheap parts for it and software choises are endless. **Rant mode off ;)***

Saw a reference to a freeware program called Exif Untrasher in one of the reviews of the above software....it's free and has 5 star reviews...give Untrasher a try!

Went with Untrasher and it worked perfectly. Now my bride has all of her World Series pic's back and she can be happy again.

Thanks alot!!!

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Went with Untrasher and it worked perfectly. Now my bride has all of her World Series pic's back and she can be happy again.

Thanks alot!!!

Hey Marc,

Glad that it worked out for you....I'm going to have to download a copy of that...just in case;)

Were you at Game 5? Wow!! No wonder you want to recover those shots!!!!

Murray
--
Murray

I was at Game 3....my wife was at game 3 and 5!!!...left me at work so she could go enjoy it with her friend!!! :)
Oh well...it was fun. and thank you so much for helping me retrieve these files....she was not happy when they went on the down Lo.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Exif Untrasher is AWESOME. It got all the images that were on my CF card after iPhoto had taken a dump on a series of very cool pictures (don't try to rotate pics when you are low on disk space).

Highly recommended. If it gets you your pics back, leave a tip with PayPal. I did. :)
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News