StevieBoy

Looking for THE tandem photo

My site is now on line.

The photo's you guy's and girls sent are soooo fantastic.

Thank you everyone who posted, not sure if I've included stuff I should have not.

Let me know and I'll take it off.

For those of you who posted your pic's that did not require to sleep with the twins as payment, THANK YOU.

The twins are pretty pissed off though, Frank and George ask you lot to re-consider. :D
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

To all you guys and girls

Just looked at my site, there are still some little things to change, I would like the site to be propper before I post the address, I'll be working on it for the rest of the week. Will be ready this sat night.

All the pic's are super fantastic, a big un to all, I'm not that great at adding internet stuff, so my friend will help upload some of the pics over the next week or two.

Any extreme sports pic's can be posted to [email protected]

Air - Land - Water - Snow or any I have not thought about.

My site is to open peoples minds to action stuff, to get of the sofa and do stuff.

If I have done something wrong or you are not happy, let me know, I'll change stuff A.S.A.P.

Once again, fantastic stuff people.

Steve
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

Manual exposure and flash power, but I used AF.
Camera: 5D, 1/320shutter (normally I don't go any faster), F6.3, ISO160, and of course RAW. EX-580 flash set to 14mm and 1/2 power (no high speed sync!). Sigma 15mm lens.
-Laszlo-

ps.: I don't use this camera set up for tandems too often... It's way too heavy for what we earn on those jumps.

If I want to take a nice skydiving photo I prefer to use a flash. Exeption is the large formation during day light, just because I cant carry enough flash power for that. but every thing else when I can fly within 15-20 feet I like to use a flash. So if I was using 1/650 shutter speed that would require the high-speed sync setting on the flash, it would lose a lot from its power. The other thing about the 1/650 speed at ISO100 is even during a bright day your F stop is going to be low (5-7 I would say) so the DOF will be more difficult to achive. If it gets darker DOF and proper focusing will be almost impossible.
I don't know where is this "have to use a high shutter speed" misbelieve come from to skydiving...
We relative fly together with our subjects, so there's not a whole lot of movment needs to be compensated with the fast Tv. For freeflying and exit shots from the door I use 1/320 the fastest, taking picture of the good belly group I can go with 1/125 easily. If you have motion blur problems faster than 1/320 maybe there's a vibration problem with your camera mounting.
Of course all these with wide angle lenses (view of the 28mm or wider)
I hope I helped.
-Laszlo-