sinjin

sony hdhc3/pc1000/dvhc96 which would you pros take

hello, first off i have read all the current threads on the hc3 and trying to get some comparative information. i have been looking at the camera reviews of these cameras and i am wondering which has the best skydiving application. does the size/weight of the hc3 make it not so flyer friendly. is the hd capability used in commercial tandem videos. ? and if not, is the regular resolution that much better ? is the one chip on the hc-96 good enough for videos to the 3 chips on the pc1000. and can the hc3 take both video and stills,, has that been settled.
dont let life pass you by

Get the camera that can provide you with the best resolution. As far as I know that would be the HC3, and if the difference in size between those 3 cameras will make a difference to your camera flying, you're not ready to jump a camera yet.
A Digi Still Camera like the Rebel XT or equivalent should be what you need to shoot pictures. If you insist on taking your stills from the video camera, get the HC3.

$0.02
pope

With only 50 jumps, wait till you have another 100-150 jumps and there will be newer and better models out. No point buying now when the price will drop or new models will be out by the time you would actually put one on your head.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store