skylord

Complete Rookie Question

I'm new to this particular dz.com forum, and I've developed a feel for where I want to go in my little skydiving life. I have passions in skydiving.

1: My own
2: Teaching others tied with videography/photography of others

As to the photog and vid stuff, I did amateur work in the 70's and 80's with stills for running clubs, and although I haven't done jack since then it is still a hobby. I suspect skydiving may be different. :D

So, what equipment and requirements? How did you all get started?

I kept jumping for two reasons. First was my TM, very close second was my video flyer.

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

its good that your here... 1st I would suggest reading the appilcable sections in the SIM on cameraflying...

because I'm a nice guy... here's a link to that section...

http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/2006SIM/section6.htm#68

also there's a nice FAQ at the top of this forum.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1108540;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Finally, your best resources are your local video flyers, talk to them and see what they suggest. I had a student last month comment that he was interested in focusing on video flying... and the best part was that he was quite receptive to my recommendations to take his time and not rush into it (one of the recommendations in the SIM is 200 jumps and a C license.)

I hope this helps.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Focus on your flying skills for a while.

once you get a little solid. than worry about filming.

if you strap a camera toyour head now the only thing you'll get is blue for 90% of your jumps.

not to mention the HUGE added risk.

And if you save some cash each month/week towards your camera, you'll be able to buy the top of the line stuff when you need it.

If you buy now, it'll be a fossil in a year anyway.
My photos

My Videos