bigway

Money not an issue (canon)

So i am living with in the house of someone who has all the toys and all the money one could need.. (yes, it is very hard to live here). Anyway, so the reason i say this is cause he is loving my 20d and is asking what camera he should buy while in singapore next month. He does not give a shit about the price just wants the best in the range of the canon d's. He just showed me all his lenses and his old canon eos 10. Some really nice lenses there.

I am suggesting the 5D, is what you would buy?

Ta.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

If money REALLY is no object, a 1Ds mk11
16 Megapixel i think and its the best camera Canon make. Not cheap though (£4.5k) and the average user will do better with a 5d. very nearly as good picture quality for a lot less money
Never try to eat more than you can lift

If you don't like him then tell him to get the 1Ds MarkII, becouse that's more expensive and heavy not a best thing to walk around with all day long.
If you like him, tell him to get the 5D. That's a very nice camera approx the same size as the 20D. The big advantage of that camera is (beside 13MP) is full frame image sensor, and a very good low light performance. Using ISO 400 with the 5D is just like the ISO 200 on my XT! I was lucky to use one a few times. I hope I can buy my own soon...
Otherwise FreeflyDrew is right, the photographer takes the nice picture not the camera. If your buddy dosen't know about photography really dosen't matter what he's going to buy the result will be the same, except the bad pictures will take more space on his computer with higher res. camera.
-Laszlo-

Thanks for the post. Was what i was looking for.
I dont know if he knows about photography, he has some nice film cameras and knows only what he has read about digital. He is off to singapore next month and will buy it then. Not often i know anyone going to singapore so i might have to put and order in i think.;)

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

"Best" is subjective. Sure there are cameras that are full sensor, there are also cameras that do not have a built in flash. The built in flash is one feature has made my model of Canon a truly universal camera for me.

There are 16 mp cameras, there are also cameras that shoot at 2 shots/sec. On exits and very fast action shots, 5 shots/sec gives you the option to choose the best picture.

The world is a compromise. Make a decision on what is best for you.

I've got the 30D and the 5fps maks a real difference.
Only down side is the weight if he's going to use it for jumping.
Personally I'd go for the 30D over the 5D and just get a bitchin set of lenses.

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

A mate of mine has just bought the new 400D - and it is sweet. Very light had an excellent spec' and he says that the performance (so far - he's only had it a few weeks but is a very good photographer ) is excellent.

So, that said... I've asked for one for Christmas and dropped enough hints to wifey.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Is there any flash out there which can go off 5 times in the second(at least with half power)?
Photos look lot nicer with a flash...
-Laszlo-

Only pro-level stuff with external battery packs...but you're not going to get 5 fps in low light anyway.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Thank you!
I just tried to make the point with my question and maybe I was too sarcastic (maybe even a dick...).
I guess to get a good exit shot requires the fallowings:
-Good performance from the jumpers (the subjects in the image)
-A same good performance from the photographer.
-Good Light
-Good lens
-The most suitable camera setting for the planned skydive and light conditions
-...Of course a flash
-And maybe even a good luck.

I totally agree the performance of the camera can help a lot (like 5f/s rate) but my expirice with that the result is just 5 times more digital junk.

Blue Skies!
-Laszlo- www.laszloimage.com

the attached photos were taken with a single shot mode