LouDiamond

Sigma SD14

No i haven't but the foveon sensor is pretty interesting, however don't get this confused, it is not the same as a 14MP nikon or canon. I found this explanation on another forum i read:

The new Foveon sensor has 4.6 million red pixels, 4.6 million green pixels and 4.6 million blue pixels that are stacked on top of each other. So to get to a 4608x3072 output, they certainly have to interpolate. There are two sides to the discussion ... one claims that this gives you a 4.6 MP image with better (more accurate) colour information, the other claims that it will give you a 14 MP image. My guess is that it will be hard to distinguish the image from a good 10 MP image, similar to the image of the 10MP Sigma SD10, that was likened to a good 6 MP image by reviewers.

A 5D has 12 MP that are side-by-side, but out of those, only 1/4 are red, 1/4 are blue and 1/2 are green. To get the value for 'red' in a place where the pixel has a green filter (and only measures the green portion of it) the red value will be interpolated.

A bit long winded, but basically its not an easy comparison. Other disadvantages:
only 1 manufacturer of lenses etc. Previous reviewers have said the UI is not as well thought out as some of the Noink and Canon stuff
Frame rate is 3fps i believe. Still pretty fast but not AS fast as a 20/30d
fewer focus points - not such an issue for freefall i guess

Having said that, its good to see valid competition in the market, with Pentax and Sony at the entry level, sigma at entry and mid level and Nikon all the way through thats good news for us!
Never try to eat more than you can lift