ryan_turner

Schumacher Camera Mount Thread Problem

I am using a schumacher camera mount for both my still and video camera, but I am having problems with the plate that attaches to the camera. The hole that the camera screw goes through is threaded, so I can't keep the camera pointed in one direction and tighten the screw. The only way to tighten it would be to rotate the camera. I am considering using a drill bit to remove the threading so that the screw will spin freely (like on a goldmember). Has anyone else had this problem?

Ryan

THat is goofy. A suggestion I have is to set the camera at a slight angle laterally in relation to where you want the lens to end up pointing while screwing in the screw so that when you need to tighten the thing up all the way, you can simply rotate the camera into place in relation to the plate.

Cheers,
Travis

THat is goofy. A suggestion I have is to set the camera at a slight angle laterally in relation to where you want the lens to end up pointing while screwing in the screw so that when you need to tighten the thing up all the way, you can simply rotate the camera into place in relation to the plate.

That works. I also use those mounts for my video cams. I found that holding the plate tight to the camera, then threading the screw through the plate and into the cam works as well.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I took a file and filed the threads off on the screw that goes through the plate. File just under the head of the screw about 3/32 so when it's threaded all the way in the plate it will keep turning. Worked great on my HC1, plus you won't lose the screw like you could if you drilled the plate.