murrays

New 24" iMac

Apple just released the new 24" iMac. All the iMac models now have the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors and the 17" and 20" models got a bit of a price cut. Bit of a surprise but that 24" machine looks pretty sweet.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

It also has the option for 3GB of RAM, a 500GB hard drive and a 256MB graphics card... It's a damn fast machine that will easily take the place of a Mac Pro for all but the most professional professionals.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

If you bought it from Apple you can return it within 14 days of purchase. If it's open, there's a 10% restocking fee.

For CompUSA, check their website or your receipt for their return policies. The fact that there is a "newer" version of the same computer should not come into play with regards to their willingness to accept a return.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

I also read somewhere (can't find the article now) that the video card may be upgradeable...which would be a first for an iMac. Do you know if that is correct?

This machine seems to be straddling the lines between the Pro and Consumer machines.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

True, but one must consider the kind of person who would decide to upgrade the graphics card in an iMac... they're probably handy with a screwdriver around computers.

I went ahead and checked out the service manual and theres actually nothing tricky about opening the new 24" iMac. So if the graphics card is upgradeable, it won't be taking apart the computer that slows you down...