imstu

Sidewinder helmet

I'm just getting started with video. I have a Sidewinder helmet originally set up for a PC7. I need to get a camera for it. The PC1000 fit snugly but at $1000+ (if you can find one!) it's a bit too expensive for starting out. Is there another camera that isn't too expensive and will fit this helmet? Or, should I get something entirely different? My concerns are safety, convenience, picture quality, and cost. A friend recently bought a Sanyo that uses a card instead of tape but it doesn't look like I can put a different lens on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm starting to get frustrated with all the different options out there since I don't have any experience of my own to guide me. I don't want to buy junk and have to replace it right away. Thanks for your help!
Stuart

why dont you email sky systems and ask them what camera will fit? I see on their website that they are starting to make sidewinders that sony HC range cameras will fit into

That's a great idea. I didn't know they were making the Sidewinder anymore. I love the helmet and would hate to have to replace it. Thank you for the idea!
Stuart