chileanXaos

Digital Camera for getting started

Hello ,, Iam looking to start taking digital stills , and I have no idea what would be a godd camera , not so expensive , to start with . I would like it top mounted ...

A God camera, well, I don't think that one has been invented yet. :P

My suggestion: Canon 350D (or Digital Rebel XT as it is called in the USA) with the kit-lens. It is comparitively light and will get you great pictures, even on some of the automatic modes.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

I looked at this cameras , and are a bit big ,, Is there something smaller out there ?? that can make the job ?

Sure, you can get a simple point & shoot camera, but the problem with these is they don't usually have a plug for a remote, so you can't use a bite or blow switch. Of course there are people who have opened up their camera to solder this in, but you have to want to do this to your shiny new digital camera.

Some camera's have an option for an infrared remote. You might be able to hack something togehter in that manner... but I haven't really researched this. Most skydiving pictures you see on websites and magazines have been taken with these "big" camera's.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News