XXXMAVXXX

Brent's Concentric ring sight ????

just so everyone knows brent repleid (super fast i might add) and he is going to be out of raw material stock till roughly october thanks for all the other suggestions and input
if anyone sees one in stock for sure somewhere drop me a line please as to where it was

I've had 3 brent sights over the years. I will only every buy new sights from him. Anyone else lookiing for a good sight, get one from him.

For you newer camera fliers: Look at Tony's numbers. Almost all of that is camera too.

He knows what he's talking about, and plays a mean drum solo too....

:P

I've had 3 brent sights over the years. I will only every buy new sights from him. Anyone else lookiing for a good sight, get one from him.

he sometimes also has seconds ( which look just fine, ya couldnt really even tell the difference)

some years ago he sent me a couple, i picked what i wanted and sent the other back.

just wondering but why is this sight so much more than all the others.

For reasons that I really don't understand, they simply just work.

When I switched from an Orange lolipop style site to one of Brents Concentric sites, my framing improved instantly.

One thing I can put my finger on, is that because there's multiple rings, you can choose the proper distance to the group, by how the group fills into the different rings. It's really very useful, especially in 4way.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I think its in the construction. In terms of function - i BELIEVE the newton sights and others (although not the lollipop) do exactly the same thing, but i think the brent ones are made differently - harder wearing, more scratch resistant etc.
Of course that might be a load of bowlarks
Never try to eat more than you can lift

From what I heard the concentric is made from a different extremely expensive material than the crosshaired one. For those that do not know, the concentric is a 'O' circle vs the cross hair your eyes need to form the center. Every big named videographer and photographer I know uses the concentric. I personally use the cross and it has worked extremely well.

On another note. The first time I went to a sight the improvement was out of this world! IMHO anyone making money doing video needs some sort of professional site. I'm sure opinions differ, but comparing video and pics from those with and without and its pretty obvious. Especially with newbies. [sure I just openned up a can of worms.... :-) ]
HYPOXIC

The safest and IMO best method is an integrated visor with a square on it.
Next best thing is a decent ringsight, but these can be very hazardous. I've seen some really snag-prone setups here and there B|

For newbies and for people doing inside video, why would you add a ringsight to the mix. And not all experienced videographers use a ringsite either and still shoot good video. For newbies, having a ringsight doesn't mean you can suddenly shoot good video if you couldn't before!

For most people, I think the old paper a*hole is the best and certainly the safest solution.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Dragon,

Good points... I was more implying outside video. Another good point is to make sure to use the polyester screws if using a sight. I like gasson's setup, there is no snag points on his eyepiece since its integrated with the FTP's forehead piece.
HYPOXIC