carpenter

music for vids

I'm new to handy cam, and editing my own vid. I have been downloading mudic for the vids off limewire. Are there any songs that ya'll would recomend for: Intro, plane ride, free fall, canopy decent? By the way I deal with Japanese customers, any help is much appreciated.

I'm new to handy cam, and editing my own vid. I have been downloading mudic for the vids off limewire. Are there any songs that ya'll would recomend for: Intro, plane ride, free fall, canopy decent? By the way I deal with Japanese customers, any help is much appreciated.

Just for sake of conversation, you are aware that downloading from Limewire is piracy;
And that if you do vids for your DZ using pirated music, you put them at risk of lawsuit?

That said, search the fora, you'll find LOTS of posts on the subject.

Just for sake of conversation, you are aware that downloading from Limewire is piracy;
And that if you do vids for your DZ using pirated music, you put them at risk of lawsuit?

Just for further conversation:

Even if you bought the CD, you'd still be in the wrong legally to use it in a video, right?

I always see tandem videos playing at DZ's with songs by U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc. I always assumed these DZ's did not have licensing permission from these giant bands. Am I right or wrong? FWIW, I'm not taking any sides, just wondering about the legalities of what goes on.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

You are correct that they are not licenced and are illegal. You can not use a bought CD or music for anything that money changes hands on unless you are licenced for that also. You can use it for personal viewings (living room with friends) but not for public (SkydivingMovies).
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

you might find this link of value, you might not. But it's a fairly clear description of what you may and may not do.
PhreeZone sums it up quite nicely, however.
I bought a boogie DVD from Ebay the other day, and the entire DVD is ripped songs. I feel very badly for the guy that produced it if he gets caught.
Copyright violation is now a criminal and civil act, and charged by the illegal copy, not by the act itself. Doesn't matter if money changes hands or not. If you make a boogie vid and give it out to 10 people, that's 10 potential violations with the criminal minimum of 2500.00 per violation, plus any civil penalties that may apply.
All that said, no one has ever been prosecuted for using pirated music in a skydiving video, I'd be very aware if that had happened. In the wedding world, this sort of violation is very common, and the RIAA and labels they represent are only now starting to address it. However these days, music contains metadata that is quite easily trackable, where in the past it wasn't.
Just keep in mind how you'd feel if portions of your skydiving video showed up in someone else' boogie reel without your knowledge/permission.