MB38

Canon's new HDV camera

I jumped with my HV10 last sunday, and I confirm, I have exactly the same symptoms. >:(
I have tried the same different settings and had the same (bad) results.

Definitely not a camera for skydiving.
Pity, cos' its small, light, good format for side mount, and image quality is impressive...

I've received a HV-10 last week and this weekend I had the chance to jump it. I tried with and without autofocus, with and without the image stabisation and with manual shutter speed of 1/250s. Always the same shaky result [:/]

I'm going to return it back. It's a pity, because it's realy a nice camera.

I am returning the QuakeV-10 and will go back to the HC-3. I have had no vibration problems even though I’m jumping it with no box or camera condom. I would really love for someone to finally bake a d-box for it, or make a ‘magnum’ camera condom for it.

-Trevor

So far there are two options:
1. Bone Head http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=72833; +-$184
2. Cookie Composites http://www.cookiecomposites.com/proddetail.php?prod=01BBHC3 $211
3. Rawa is still making the mold, and their boxes always go for around $100 + shipping from Brasil.

Now, does anyone know of a camdom - camera condom - for this camera. The extra protection from condensation is very valuable.
http://www.childrenofthesky.com

Freefly!

Thanks,

I got my cookie last week and jumped it this past weekend. It is a great box. I drilled an extra hole for my cam-eye cable, but otherwise it was ready to fly right out of the box. It protects the easily bumped on/off dial much better than the bonehead box and still allows me to stick my finger in there to manipulate it. The box does have a hole that lines up with the tripod screw so you can screw from the helmet through the bottom of the box and into the camera for a snug fit that keeps your sight-ring/camera alignment intact. (I can't do that since I dropped my HC3 on the garage floor and smashed the viewfinder. The cam still works, but I have to lift it out to use the LCD for everything.) -Trevor

I'm thinking of getting a new camera helmet and i want to get a custom-fitted ff2. i was thinking of something HD...so the HV10 came up. Sounds like it's terrible for skydiving! Does anyone know of any other HD cameras that would support a sidemount system? Thanks!

Alan