dabase

HC26 and CamEye Advice Needed

For a cam eye 2 it will need a lanc port. If it doesn't have one, you can use the old Cam Eye 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe ALL Cameyes require a Lanc port. Not sure the 26 has one.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

We are having trouble finding newer cams with the LANC. Is there any other way to see if the camera is on in freefall if it does't have LANC port. Or, any suggestions for cameras. A lot of people say go with the Sony PC 105, 101, etc, but we are having a hard time finding them. Any suggestions?

PC101/105 have not been made in ages.

As I've said in other threads recently, the current product lineup for Sony DV is:

HC26 - NO
HC36 - NO
HC46 - NO
HC96 - YES

There is also the HC-3 which is HD, and does have LANC.

So currently the HC96 is the only production Sony model with LANC, you can get it shipped from dbuys.com for $600. I have the HC90, its predecessor, and it takes great video. The optics are comparable to the old PC330/350.

I am fairly sure that the HC22, 32, and 42 (previous models) did have LANC, but the 26, 36, and 46 don't. The models are probaby nearly identical otherwise; Sony loves to make "new" models as fast as they can. Ironic that these new models are inferior to the previous ones.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Is there any other way to see if the camera is on in freefall if it does't have LANC port.

The cheapest way is to attach a small mirror to your altimeter. Works quite well, I've been told.

There is also "Skylite video recording indicator" that you mount above the camera's recording led and then it will light up a led, just like the CamEye. That will work with most cameras.