JohnnyLawrence

Good Music for Vids?

I was curious to get some ideas of some of your favorite songs you may like when editing? Which ones have stood out to you?

I just started jumping and have had 2 made.

My first video of my AFF1 was the ride up was learning to fly and when I exited it started running down a dream by tom petty, which turned out great.

I've seen this question a couple times and it irks me a little bit.

For one, it is an INCREDIBLY broad question. There is so much good music in the world and the idea that there are a couple songs out there that are "good songs for editing" is ridiculous. If you want to find out what people are actively using in their videos, browse around on www.skydivingmovies.com and see what you find. You will find quite a lot of song recycling going on though, so apparently there are some people out there who buy into the "handful of songs that are good for editing" train of thought.

I've only made a few videos but I put a lot of work into each of them and pride myself in using music that I hope expands the viewer's horizons, and not just in the context of the video. If you want to hear what music I've used, watch my videos here. An edited video production is a piece of art, created like any other art, to communicate an idea. Choose your music to fit your theme. Choose your music based on your taste.

Now, for tandem or student "workhorse" videos, I guess recycling a few songs comes with the territory. Those videos do not contain the amount of effort that is present in some of the better artistic videos I've seen. But even if I ever was in that situation, I still could not bring myself to use some of the horrible stuff I hear in tandem videos at the DZ.

Some other good videos with good music are "A Year in the Life" (Jeb Corliss), Superterminal, and Year of the Birdman (Robibird). These are stellar videos in terms of the video content itself and the soundtrack.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Give the guy a break, it's his very first post. :D

Try this search, JohnnyLawrence. You can type in any key words you think will apply and walla....a list of a topic will appear.

Like this one: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_type=AND&search_string=music+video

Have fun!

Oh, and btw...on music choices....whatever floats your boat. There's alot out there with many different flavors to choose from. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Thanks. That was my idea was to expand my horizons about the music out there that I may have missed. I never implied there were a few good ones I just like hearing others perspectives that all. The links are greatly appreaciated!

Give the guy a break, it's his very first post. :D

Try this search, JohnnyLawrence. You can type in any key words you think will apply and walla....a list of a topic will appear.

Like this one: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=search_results&search_forum=all&search_type=AND&search_string=music+video

Have fun!

Oh, and btw...on music choices....whatever floats your boat. There's alot out there with many different flavors to choose from. :)
ltdiver