The111

Photo trivia - ParaGear catalog cover

I was curious what would be on the cover of the new ParaGear catalog since I had entered a submission (and failed!). :D

It is a photo that I have actually seen before, however there is something noteworthy about how it appears here. First person to figure it out gets 10 points. Difficulty: you have to have seen the photo before.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

So I bet you will find one that is loose on that photo :P

That's just the thing... there's not! :o

I'm guessing maybe you saw the small version of the picture on the ParaGear page (not enough detail to tell) and are familiar with the original pic. There has obviously been some editing done to the one on the catalog cover though... as my favorite part of the picture is missing. :o
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Can you post a scan of the cover?

Sorry Iwan, no access to a scanner. But I can tell you this is the original photo. I first saw it on the wall of the Bent Prop at the Holiday Boogie (where I was originally supposed to room with you and now can't remember if we even met or not :S). Somebody asked me to find what was wrong with the picture and it actually took me a while to find it. So I remembered that photo and when I saw it on the cover of the catalog yesterday was surprised to see that there was no longer anything wrong with the photo apparently, thanks to Photoshop apparently.

I find it funny that on the cover of Skydive the mag the photo was not fixed, but it was for the catalog cover. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Dude, you are right!

I just saw the catalog today, and the handle is in place now. I am not 100% sure, but pretty much, that there is an original with the handle out.

That original, or one from same jump, was on the cover of a magazine. Can't remember which. Anyone knows???

I guess ParaGear most likely did not follow: "We look for photos that have not been previously published and most likely would not accept them if they have, as we want a photo that no one else has seen yet" for the selection :P

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

I just saw the catalog today, and the handle is in place now. I am not 100% sure, but pretty much, that there is an original with the handle out.

That original, or one from same jump, was on the cover of a magazine. Can't remember which. Anyone knows???

Dude, re-read my post just above yours. I linked to the original photo on McGowan's webpage AND I identified the magazine you are asking about. :P

Good point about the "not previously published" requirement...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I opened my copy this morning and was amazed. Couldn't see where it had been doctored... I guess the shot could be a couple of seconds before and the pad had yet to come loose... but I suspect it's simply a good photoshop job.

Very disappointing... especially for a gear catalogue... I thought a shot with a loose handle would be the perfect reminder to really think about your gear.

And so much for not being published before - it was February’s front cover the The Mag: http://www.skydivemag.com/

Somebody asked me to find what was wrong with the picture and it actually took me a while to find it.

I found it right away and it was the first thing I noticed when it was in the UK mag, but thats because I'm so much smarter than you-- dork! :P:P;)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)