YISkyDive

Peleng 8mm?

Has anyone on here messed with the Peleng 8mm lens?

I bought one at the beginning of this year, made some test-shots on the ground, not yet in the air. Hopefully this weekend the sky is blue again in holland, so I can give it a try in the air. Will post the result (if any )

by the way, I have a d350, and the lens is completely manual, but I guess you already read that in the specs.
Caren

How would the lens fly with the .42X Kenko lens on a PC101?

Im basically stuck between the "cheep" glass, because of the $$ and also because I think Im going to switch over to pentax equipment.

the only other think that I could consider is the Zenitar16.. read a lot on that too.. but is it at all wider then the 18mm?

Thanks for the replies.

Dave

He means the angels from both lenses compared to each otherWink

What he said

People always ask this question.. as to the angles.. nothing is as wide as that 8mm.. ha ha.. seriously, you have to fly so ridiculously close to things to get a similar picture as you would with a 15mm for example.. still the pic would look way different due to the heavy fish-eye effect.

Look at these pics with that lens..
http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?aid=768a5498cf5a6ffe8097

Personally.. I pretty much always fly with the same video lens (a Kenko .5) cause once you start experimenting with lenses like this one, you're flying more for photos anyways..

Let me know if you have any questions about the lens.. it's a great toy for special photo work.. but not a good overall lens for "everyday" freefall photography.

Iwan

He means the angels from both lenses compar
Let me know if you have any questions about the lens.. it's a great toy for special photo work.. but not a good overall lens for "everyday" freefall photography.

Iwan

As usual, Iwan speaks the truth. It is a great lens for messing around and creting somewhat unique shots, but unless you are RIGHT near or DOCKED on something, the subject will be a speck in the frame. I wouldn't use it for a tandem that was a paying customer, too much distortion for that deal.

Nonetheless, it is a fun lens to play with.

jeff D-16906

As promised, some pictures taken with the peleng. I had some problmes with the exposure, so please doo not look at the colors. Since the lens is completely manual, I finally switched to Av mode. I am still searching for the best focus state (almost infinitive or infinitive....)
But the angle is nice, especially for exits and very close to formations.
For me the lens is 'fun', and will not become the basic lens I'll use.
Caren