SkymonkeyONE

any info about very-small digital cameras with aux shutter releases?

I searched the forum with that line and got zip, so I will just go ahead and ask. I am looking to put a small digital still camera on for tandems. You know, about the size of a digital elph, but with a remote shutter release. I know there is at least one film camera with such an option because I know people using them, but I am talking digital format here.

Spill it. We have been wanting to buy another digital still anyway and don't want to waste money on one without this function if there is, in fact, one available. Something 5 megapixel our above, like the digital elph.

I don't check here often, so if you do respond, please also shoot me a PM.

Chuck

I don't think there is one, i have looked and asked in forums before.

What i have now is a Konica Digital Revio 420Z that i soldered a few cables to the regular shutter release. The connection for the switch, that is still waiting to be built, is in the slot for the memory stick. :-) I haven't finished this project.

Another possibility is shooting the pictures with the Camcorder, mine has 3 megapixels and i have a lanc controlled switch that will let me shoot 3mega pictures without recording Video or low resolution pictures while recording video without interlace onto the memory stick. Camera is a PC 350. I/We still have to work on the Programming a bit more to make it easier to use in freefall.

Finding a camera that has a remote and is fast enough for freefall use.... good luck, but tell me when you find one :-)

Franco
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

Bill Von's Sony camera has a rigged up LANC controller to shoot as fast as the camera would cycle. He was saying it was about 1 every second or so. No control on the shots, more of a turn it on and it starts shooting, to stop you turn the camera off.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I also search for a while, and the biggest problem I encountered, and was not able to solve, was the fact that these small camera's all start-up in auto-focus mode, and have a rather short 'stay-alive' time (sorry, do not know a better word for it :S)
Caren

Hi try canon G5,compact camera with most extras you would get on slr digital.
Remote is infra red but you can attach this via velcro(so my mate has done)
For what the camera does good value at gb£120 to £150 second hand and you can also fit wide angle converter.
Camera is very light also very fast action for a compact has tv and av modes and also video mode.Standard canon battery etc
Anyways i am gonna get one cos if something gets broken its cheaper than damaging my d20.
Hope info useful
Stephan
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

I searched the forum with that line and got zip, so I will just go ahead and ask. I am looking to put a small digital still camera on for tandems. You know, about the size of a digital elph, but with a remote shutter release. I know there is at least one film camera with such an option because I know people using them, but I am talking digital format here.

Spill it. We have been wanting to buy another digital still anyway and don't want to waste money on one without this function if there is, in fact, one available. Something 5 megapixel our above, like the digital elph.

I don't check here often, so if you do respond, please also shoot me a PM.

Chuck

yer gonna have a hell of a time finding one. theres no reason to waste money putting a shutter release on a small digitial camera in all those big camera companies minds.do what ive done for years. just take it apart and figure out which connections going to the shutter button fire the camera, and put one in yourself. careful when you put the battery in to test which connections fire the release........i.e. beware of the big bad discharging capacitor, itll get you.