packerboy

SONY Push my own thread SONY off the bottom SONY

Well... I'll push my own Canon related thread off the bottom of the page by saying I bought a friggen SONY! Are you all happy with yourselves? That thread had no replies by the way, but this one has SONY in the subject.. so I'll bet I'll get a reply even though I'm not really asking anything..

ya bunch o' Sony sucking sony lovers....

hah

I'll probably love it.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

its not past the bottom of the page for me... :P in fact its got a long way to go.

Of course its possible the reason people haven't responded to your message is because they don't know the best wide angle lens for a CanonZR...

but I hope you like your Sony...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Hey packerboy, I jumped a Canon for about 2 seasons and can tell you it just didn't cut it in the long run.............

Intially the video quality was good, I actually thought it produced better color for a while, but it just couldnt'take the abuse we give camcorders. I can buy anything I want at cost (I'm in the Pro AV business) and have no loyalities to any "one" manufacturer. Sont consumer camcorders (to date) are simply the most reliable and cost effective soltuion we have. Maybe that will change someday, but for now I'll keep my Sony thank you :P

Even the retailers couldn't figure out which lens I would need for a Canon. I was eventually going to buy a Sony, but I had a Canon and I'm not trying to rush anything (including spending money), so I thought I'd try it.

In the end I decided if I was going to sell the Canon I would be better off not destroying it first.

I was lucky though to have Fuzzy point out that the new HC26/36 Sony models don't have LANC port which you need for the cameye. Just the HC96 that cost $1000 So I ended up going with the DCR-HC42 (last years model) which is apparantly the last "base" model Sony vidcam that is going to come with a LANC port. I guess Sony found that the only ones needing that port were high end consumers that would pay the extra for it, and it was a high selling point for the cheaper cameras.

Glad I found that out since there aren't too many of the HC42s on the shelf anymore. 2 in all of the Henrys stores in Canada, none in Future Shop or Best Buy.

Thanks Fuzz! :)

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I was lucky though to have Fuzzy point out that the new HC26/36 Sony models don't have LANC port which you need for the cameye. Just the HC96 that cost $1000 So I ended up going with the DCR-HC42 (last years model) which is apparantly the last "base" model Sony vidcam that is going to come with a LANC port.

The HC32 models have the lanc port as well. I just got one off ebay brand new for $260. Great choice if you don't need to have this years model.