Mr17Hz

Recording DVDs

I'm looking for software that can create a DVD from a 1394a firewire port in a hands-off process that automatically creates each frame as its own chapter on the DVD. It is not important that it's 'real-time' per say, just that after I start the process it is a hands off task... So far, I have had a hard time finding software that will do this, every one i've found the chapters have to be manually configured, or it puts all frames into the same looong chapter, or you can configure a new chapter every X number of minutes...

Any ideas?
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Do you mean each frame or each clip? Each frame seems pretty excessive. My limited experience is with Adobe Premiere Elements, which does not appear able to do this automatically by clip.

Even if you did find something that made each clip a different chapter, you'd end up with a new chapter for each cut, which still might be a bit much depending on how & what you're shooting.

Lance

You mean a chapter per clip, not per frame I think? Otherwise you'd get 25 or 30 chapters each second :S

You can capture video with clip detection, adobe premiere pro can do this for instance> That way you get a seperate avi file for each clip (provided you use the timecode on your camera). You can then use Nero Vision or similar to create a dvd with chapters for each clip.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I incorrectly used the term frame - what I mean is each time the recorder starts/stops recording. I know that certain software products can save each portion as its own AVI, and then a DVD could be burnt from that - but that creates two different processes that have to take place... I would like some way to start the capture and have it automatically go right into creating a DVD with chapters at each clip.

Basically, I if i start/stop the camera once per jump; then i could burn a DVD that had one jump per chapter from my raw footage with mimimal configuration... Without having to go back to the computer after i've captured the video and start the DVD burning process. I'm going to put together a workstation that I will be donating to the hanger for people to use to easily replace the function of a VCR with a device that can make and copy DVDs... but before i decide for sure that i'll donate it I want to make sure that I have things set up as easy as possible to be used by people who may not be familiar with particular software products.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.