ArnoSchutte

Any pictures of yourself while working ???

Nice! What kind of lens is that? Just picked up a 14mm Sigma (non-fisheye). Figured it would be cool for shots like the one you just took!

Jeff

It looks much wider than that actually.. This is a photo I took with a 8mm Peleng lens..
The reason I say this is because of the edges of the frame, the 14mm won't do that.. and this is definately a circular fisheye photo..

This is one with the circular as well, but with the edges cropped off..

This is a photo I took with a 8mm Peleng lens

Holy Crap! 8mm?! Now THAT's wide! After looking at these pictures, I can't wait till Saturday! I'll have to rig up some kind of 'dummy cord' though. Brand spankin' new D70. I'm terrified of dropping it... :o
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

That's a small canopy you got there. :D:P

Yeah I am working with PD on the smallest Sabre2 ever flown.. this one is about 40sq ft.. :P

Its one of the funny effects of using a wide angle.. things that are a bit further away seem smaller and smaller..

Here are some shots from that jump http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/album.jsp?aid=768a5498cf5a6ffe8097
most of the photos are taken with that 8mm fisheye.. (the tracking jump was with my regular 15mm)

People were literally flying in my face in some of these shots.

14mm isnt to wide for tandems, I have been using the canonn 10-22mm for the past few weeks with great results

i have one of those but find it heavy and was thinking of moving to a sigma 14mm.

Dude, the Canon 10-22mm is lighter than most zoom and fixed lenses, according to the specs. It is 380g, according to the Canon website. The Sigma website quotes their 14mm at 630g. Not sure that's going to feel any lighter. :D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Dude, the Canon 10-22mm is lighter than most zoom and fixed lenses, according to the specs. It is 380g, according to the Canon website. The Sigma website quotes their 14mm at 630g. Not sure that's going to feel any lighter. :D

And the Sigma lens is HUGE.. at least in comparison with the Canon 10-22mm

Dude, the Canon 10-22mm is lighter than most zoom and fixed lenses, according to the specs. It is 380g, according to the Canon website. The Sigma website quotes their 14mm at 630g. Not sure that's going to feel any lighter. Laugh

thats what I was gonna say. It is a little heavier than the kit lens, but I cant even notice it once its on my head.

Yeah on jump shack tandem harness there is a belly band i'm sure?

old vector and next student harness' dont have a belly or back strap.

that dude would have been choking when the canopy opened :D

a good old natural arch on that one, no chance of ending up on your back taking that fellow.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

this is myself and my partner leigh training, we are going to the world champs later this year, she rules.

this was about our 30th jump together.

oops the attachment didn't work, the photo is 2mb and i don't know how to make the file smaller.
'
doh
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix