dvdcoon

FF2 Owners...Please Check In.

So if each helmet is built to a specific camera, that means you need to buy a new helmet when you change/upgrade your camera?

This is the reason i bought the bonehead optic illusion and a bonehead d-box. and it was cheaper

Sounds good. I will be a proud owner of 1 in 8 weeks (atleast I hope 8 weeks).:)

I wouldn't count on it. I ordered an FF2 3 months ago. I finally got a tracking number today, but it doesn't work so I'm not holding my breath.

It sounds like I should have ordered an FFX[:/]

Sounds good. I will be a proud owner of 1 in 8 weeks (atleast I hope 8 weeks).:)

I wouldn't count on it. I ordered an FF2 3 months ago. I finally got a tracking number today, but it doesn't work so I'm not holding my breath.

It sounds like I should have ordered an FFX[:/]

I am starting to see that in more and more threads.

If they were behind schedule when I ordered mine in February, and they knew they were behind schedule, why were they still quoting 8 weeks?

If they had said 14 or 16 weeks I still would have ordered it, but I would have held on to my old helmet to get me through the first part of the season.

If they would have even told me after 8 weeks that it was going to be another month or so it would have helped (instead of saying "it should ship this week"). I could have picked up something used in the classifieds to get me by for a few weekends.

Because they weren't up front about their delivery times, I've missed out on a whole bunch of jumps already this season at $50/jump. If it's not here this weekend it will easily cost me another $500.

This helmet is coming close to being the most expensive piece of skydiving gear I've ever bought. I just hope it's as nice a helmet as everyone on here says they are.

I know none of this is personally your fault, Miami. I understand that you're just passing on to me what they tell you, but it still sucks.

Tony

Sucks big time if I might add. My card was charged on the first part of February and haven't even a tracking # to show. What's that make, 13 weeks? I agree that I probably would have waited regardless but I don't like to be told, "usually takes about 5-6 weeks, at most 8 weeks" and now be sitting here at week 13 wondering if my helmet even exists. I work in the retail business so I'm not bashing the company, I hear great things about their quality and workmanship, but I bet it takes at least another 2 weeks before I get my helmet. There better be a free t-shirt with it.

Have done 30 jumps on mine in the past week and couldn´t be happier. Fits perfectly, took 2 jumps to set up and im away. The only pain with the FFX is if you want to take it out after every jump. I have a low profile dream-optics lens on it but i think i could have got away with a normal one as it sits back in the helmet but doesn´t show the helmet in shot, if that makes sense. Although its a pain in the rear waiting for your helmets i think its well worth the wait.
Have fun.