bastichu

video suit with or without booties?

I´m planning to buy a video suit. So maybe some of you could tell my if you prefer booties or not and for what reason.

thanks

Sebastian

http://www.ziehleine.de

Definetly stay away from booties. If you are freeflying, you definetly dont want booties, and most likely won't need wings either. If you want my opinion, start videoing without wings. It will help you trust yourself and your flying much more. Otherwise you will rely on wings. I have about 500 video jumps almost all with wings and have recently started flying with just a freefly suit. There's a lot more you can do without wings, but its tough to go back to simply a freefly suit because you are so reliant upon using wings for flight.

As a disclaimer, I will say that wings can save your video in some cases of extremely slow tandems or for hovering on the edge of an RW formations burble. It can also make back flying easier for some.

Cheers,
Travis

You are right, i totally agree with you. With my experience i would never claim to be a camera flyer.By collecting more experience and improving step by step my skills i will try to become one in the future :)I recently watched a short video clip showing joe jennings while filming his partner during a skysurfing competition. I was really impressed by this perfectness.
John when did you start jumping with camera (how many jumps)?

Sebastian

Unless you're shooting competition four way video, and you suck at it, no camera man needs booties.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suck so I wear booties for competition

Come on now, thats not true. Just because you use booties doesn't mean you suck. If you NEED booties, then you suck.

I'm pretty sure you could prodcue plenty of forward drive without booties.

I came up very by-the-book. My first camera jump was at 198 jumps.

-and I prefer skydivers to call me "JP". ;)

My goal was to fly tandem video asap to defray costs. I got "proficient" at RW, 4 to 14 way, and then got a camera, and then got a camera suit. I was doing "spec" camera jumps (where you find a tandem master who trusts you enough to video their passenger for free and then try and sell them the video) at about 220 jumps, and was on the wheel by 250. I took the AFFI course at 950 jumps and the tandem I course at 1000 and change. My first Nationals flying camera I had about 1200 jumps. This October I'll have my first advanced team at my third nationals, and I'll have about 2250 by then.

In sales, and in life, it is best to underpromise and over deliver.

;)