GEatonSkyfly

choosing a ring site for my Bone Head optix helmet

Hi everyone, I am starting to use a new helmet for video. It is a new Bone Head Optix and I am currently using a Canon Elura 70 video camera. (though I am going to change to a sony soon.) The question I am asking is... What is the best ring site and Mount for this helmet???? I look at the catalogs and it leaves me with more questions un-answered. When I am at the dropzone I have not seen many.
Naturally I want something thats going to last. stays where I need it..., That I will be happy with and feel that it was money well spent, I just hate the idea of trying to mount a newton ringsite at say 250.oo,... plus the mounting for it at another 25 to 30 bucks and then find out that it won't work well on this helmet! What are you using?? What is the most popular right now with this helmet? ....and if anyone has something for sale at a better price than my Para Gear cataloge. Please contact me! Thankyou everyone for your thoughts and help steering me in the right direction! Grant

I have an Optik Illusion with Finley concentric sight and articulated mount. It was not cheap but it was well worth the money. I found out just how much I rely on my ringsight recently... I was flying my canopy with the sight flipped up, and a friend flew by so I turned my camera on and started trying to film him without bothering to flip the ringsight down. Examined the footage on the ground and he was horribly out of frame... :S:D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

My opinion?!

use a paper asshole ( paper reinforcement ring)
they're cheap, easy to install and don't add any kind of snag hazard.

best of all....if you some how find a way to knock it off of your goggles it doesn't tear your helmet apart.

all you have to do it mount your camera, find where ITS point of view is and have someone aim the camera when you are wearing it. than put the paper asshole so that the center, as you look through it, is center for the FOV.

I went a step up and affixed a laser pointer to me helmet so I can check my "boresight" any time I need to. plus they're funm to goof around with when youre bored on the climb LOL
My photos

My Videos

Hi Everyone!
Thankyou for some responces. I have had several tell me to use a sticker/decal on my goggles, and once I find the spot I can mark it or even go to the extreme of drilling a very small hole in the spot of a pair of goggles,...instead of using/going to the the ringsite and all have said it works great! Some have told me they actually have/use both in case the site becomes damaged.... So I'm going to try that this next weekend. Thanks again everyone...Blue Skies!!!!, :)