Bluessurfer

Question For the video men!

Guys I’m sure you did have the same problem when you first started as a camera man, that's why I’m desperate for help! I’m sure that the brand that is suitable for my requirements is Sony as you can find batteries, chargers, accessories, etc... But which Model? I was thinking perhaps Dcr-pc350 or Dcr-pc1000 but I don’t really know What to do because I live in the UK (PAL) but Also Jump in South America (NTSC)
All your comments will be appreciated.

Many Thanks for Your help Guys!!!!
Ernesto Gainza

PAL or NTSC ......perhaps have a think about where you will be spending most of your jump time over the next coupl'o years and then choose PAL or NTSC based on that.
There is conversion software out there (PAL To NTSC and vice versa and a workaround on Adobe After Effects....but it can all be a little fiddly.
You can also get the formats converted profesionally .....lots of companies will do that for you.....but can be a bit pricey

In terms of model......if money is not an object....go crazy ....both models you mention are bigger CCD cams than the 'usual ' sony.....I have heard of more issues on the 1000 recently compared to the 350....but they both work !
If cash is an issue.......perhaps think of another Sony a bit further down the range.

Depending on your Cam helmet you are likely gonna have a few riser strikes when jumping for the first times with the cam.....nothing too big an issue but how you gonna feel if your expensive cam gets trashed or knoked off ?
It also took me a little time to get used to wearing the cam helmet I have and in the process had a few bangs against the aircraft roof/walls because of the extra 'bulk' now on the side or top of the helmet....
Again depending on your helmet choice ......you might damage that camera.

Get yourself a MAC computer. Import in PAL or NTSC as you wish at the time and make DVD's / VCD's that can be played anywhere.

Problem Solved. Of Course the Mac aint exactly cheap but hey its a solution :S
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

NTSC or PAL is really a question that only you can answer. It's a toughie!

As for the other part of your question, the PC350 and PC1000 are both very good cameras, but the 350 is no longer in production. The PC1000 is one of their most expensive cameras, but the picture quality is excellent.

Cheaper options are the HC21 and the HC42, which are very good too.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

From a video woman :P I recommend the PC1000, hands down. You may get lucky on ebay like I did and find one cheap. The picture quality is the best I've seen, no shaky issues, its lightweight, films in widescreen (or regular) and has tons of great editing features.