skydude

Adidt R3 Wireless Remote for 20D

Hi folks,

New to the digital photography world here, and the birth of 2nd baby coming in March got me interested in a new dig camera (the last one making me crazy with shuttler lag time) so long story short I ended up going with the 20D for a lot of reasons :P

Now ... thinking about a helmet set up, and doing some surfing I came accross a wireless remote available for this camera and was wondering if anyone out here had any experience, input, or comments ... (be nice now !) as to weather something like this could be suited for a skydiving set up.

Transmitter com code's for this unit ... would they interfer with aircraft raido or anything eles ?

Would it actualy work in free fall ?

Like I said .. I'm quite new to the dig photography / techie aspect here so go easy on me I did do a search of this forum and found only wired remotes.

Thanks
Charlie
Is it Bridge Day Yet ? :-)

What would the purpose be in wireless? You are running to a switch in either your mouth or hand to take the still, the only possible place that a wireless remote might be used is in a hand switch and with one of those you have a whole nother set of issues to worray about.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I was thinking just having a little wireless remote in my hand vs. running a wire ... or having a blow/bite switch.... yes there would be the receiver that would have to be mounted on the helment and pluged into the camera, but just using an emitter for shutter release is appealing

Is anyone useing this kind of set up ?
Is it Bridge Day Yet ? :-)

Is anyone useing this kind of set up ?

Not that I am aware of.. why wouldn't you want a tongue, bite, or blow switch? They are reliable, mostly cause it's a wired solution.

Wireless in freefall is a bad combination I think.. but that's just my opinion.. I'd go with wired.