EVOL

Best Editing Software for PC?

sorry if this issue has been covered but i have a PC-109 and i want to get some software to edite videos and put them to music. i have windows XP and i will not be using these videos for tandems. just for fun. any suggestions?

thx
chris

Use what comes free with Windows XP -
Windows Movie Maker 2

If you have not used much editing software before its all you will need to do exactly what you have described.
Edit Video/Add music tracks & sound effects /Add titles.
Plus it allows you to convert your movie into a variety of preset .wmv / .avi resolutions dependant on how/where you want to show it
eg DV.avi files for higher quality content for DVD perhaps or lower resolution .wmv for web uploading...

Its free...and it works...

Pinnacle Studio my friend... easy and best!!

Easy? Sure.

Best? Debatable. It lacks some features but does a damn good job in general. I use both pinnicle and Premire.

Pinnicle when I'm in a hurry, premire when I want to 'play' with some cool effects and stuff.
illegible usually

Stay away from Pinnacle Studio version 10 for now. Stick with version 9 if you decide to use Studio. Version 10 is so unstable and has so many bugs that it is virtually unusable. I have basically trashed mine after using Pinnacle 7-9 for the last six years. Check the Pinnacle Studio 10 forum if you don't believe me. They're not expecting a decent patch until the end of January. If history repeats, it will take 2-3 patches to get it fixed.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Stay away from Pinnacle Studio version 10 for now. Stick with version 9 if you decide to use Studio. Version 10 is so unstable and has so many bugs that it is virtually unusable. I have basically trashed mine after using Pinnacle 7-9 for the last six years. Check the Pinnacle Studio 10 forum if you don't believe me. They're not expecting a decent patch until the end of January. If history repeats, it will take 2-3 patches to get it fixed.

I second that! Wish I had read the forum BEFORE buying mine.
my pics & stuff!