skydork

Again, What lens?

I have been using the xt for about 1 year with the factory lens. I would like a new lens but need some sugestions. 99% of my photos are of tandems. What do you think??

What I think is that you need to do some searches on here.. >:(

But.. to save you to effort.. why do you want a new lens? is the lens not giving you the results you want?

I shoot with a Sigma 15mm F2.8 Fisheye, very good lens, and on the Rebel XT it works out to be about a 24mm equivalent on a film body.

How pronounced is the fish eye effect on that lens. I'm in need of a 15mm lens, but don't want too much distortion. They have a 15-30 that they claim was designed to reduce distortion for the small CCD cameras, but I'd prefer a fixed lens if I could help it.

Thats not bad at all.

The website is cool too.

Thanks for the comment on the website!

And regarding the lens.. the only times you see the fisheye effect is with the horizon in the extremes of the lens, so at the bottom of the frame or at the top of the frame.
Or in cases where you are really close to you subject you can tell its a fisheye.

For what it's worth the Canon 10-22mm USM AF lens seems to be the best way to go. Chuck I had the Sigma 15 and it was nice and sharp but has more distortion than I really liked. My new XT will be purchased with this the 10-22. If you do a search here (you lazy SOB, :P LOL) you will find an example of some pictures taken with it, they look amazing. The other benefit is being able to match the field of view of your video camera :)
Heres a link to BuyDig (no affiliation) just for reference. http://buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=CN1022USM

For what it's worth the Canon 10-22mm USM AF lens seems to be the best way to go. ....

I agree.. I've seen the photos off that lens and there is no distortion.. The only problem with that lens I have is that it is EF-S so it will only work on the XT, and the 20D. Now that full size sensor is becoming more affordable (5D) I dont want to spend my money on EF-S lenses... other than that.. its an awesome lens. I'll get the 20mm and stay back a bit further if I dont want any distortion. That's my other thing with that lens.. it's a zoom lens, I like fixed lenses in freefall.

If you do a search here (you lazy SOB, :P LOL)

You know me so well :P

***In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do a search here (you lazy SOB, LOL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know me so well

I was really refrring to Skydork, but hey if the shoe fits :ph34r: