hexadecimal

Self contained solid state bullet camera...

Just thought this might interest some of you guys...
http://www.atc-1000.com/

Looks like it might be a good solution for beginning camera flyers (but don't take my word for it, I'm not a camera flyer) who don't need the best quality video (no wires to route, compact design, cheap in comparison to other solutions, etc...).

I'm personally waiting on something similar that is capable of higher frame rates and resolutions to use in both skydiving and racing, but is made up of a high res sony bullet cam and a small, rugged external solid state recorder. I've had it ordered for a couple years (pre-development), and it looks like it's finally going to be here in February, so I'll post info and a review of it then.

NTSB is ~30 fps. PAL is 25. Why would we want to shoot with a camera who can only do 15?

ltdiver

I'll answer that with a quote from my original post, which I'm guessing you didn't read very thoroughly...

Looks like it might be a good solution for beginning camera flyers who don't need the best quality video

You can't really expect much for around $100.

You can't really expect much for around $100.

Suggestion from cameraflyers....don't start with something that isn't quality. Even beginners will regret spending even $100 on something this poor of quality.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

NTSB is ~30 fps. PAL is 25. Why would we want to shoot with a camera who can only do 15?ltdiver

Actually, NTSC uses 60 fields per second at two distinct images per frame (interlaced). So while it is 30 frames per second, the temporal resolution to the human eye is is 60 images per second and for PAL is 50 images per second. Fields (which are full individual images) are half frames (either even or odd scanlines) displayed alternatingly every 1/60th of a second (1/50th for PAL).

If the bulletcam is 15fps, then it is likely capturing at a rate of 1:4 (1/4th of 60), for 15 frames per second. So it's actually only one-quarter the fluidity of video as a regular camera.

(FYI -- I used to work in the Home Theater industry). The smoothness difference between 15fps versus 30fps versus 60fps is very clear to the human eye, during fast motion.