brokky

canon 5d

Here´s a few pictures taken today with the Canon 5D .The first one is a tandem exit ,the second one is a detail of this picture.And then there´s a canopy shot.
the pictures were taken with a Canon 15mm lens.
The 5D is really similar to the 20D but with 12.8 megapixel.The main difference is the full size image sensor.No more conversion factor with the lenses.It´s a little bit heavier and a little bit higher than the 20D (also there´s
no onboard flash).
I only have a few jumps with this camera but so far I´m really impressed.

www.brunobrokken.com
wuk??

http://www.brunobrokken.com

I'd want to see more pics... Will gladly see some next week

had a couple of pics done with my uncle's Nikon 200d and it's also a nice camera... But he is a Nikonist... I just ordered my new Canon 350d...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And I've asked this before...

The only advantage I can see for the 20D over the Rebel XT 350D is 5fps instead of 3fps. And add 50% more weight for the novelty.

If I was taking tandem pics at 12.8mp, it would have to be a hot stripper, and even then, the other cameras have a higher frame burst rate, so I wouldn't even take the 5D if I could...

But I just bought a 20D just for the 5fps in BASE, when I have only 2-3 seconds of working time, it makes a difference. And the 4.2mp 3fps that I was taking at the TF bridge last weekend blew up incredibly to a 8x10, perfect resolution.

12.8mp for tandems?
---------------
Peter
BASE - The Ultimate Victimless Crime

For photographers, the 20D's benefits stretch far beyond its faster shooting rate. For freefall photography, however, you're spot-on.

Any chance of a full 12.8mp image using the 15mm finding its way online? Perhaps www.skydiving-galleries.com if you're not worried about somebody stealing it? Doesn't have to be an awesome image [frankly, choose a throwaway one for copy-write issues], I'd just love to see how it looks full size.
I really don't know what I'm talking about.

Any chance of a full 12.8mp image using the 15mm finding its way online? Perhaps www.skydiving-galleries.com if you're not worried about somebody stealing it? Doesn't have to be an awesome image [frankly, choose a throwaway one for copy-write issues], I'd just love to see how it looks full size.

Here´s 2 pictures taken yesterday with the Canon 5D during the Empuriabrava Christmas boogie.I think the detail pictures give you a good idea about the resolution(considering they´re only a tiny part of the original picture).Both pictures were taken with a Canon 15mm lens .

www.brunobrokken.com
wuk??

is that you reflectingin the helmet on the last pic ??

Because you have 12+ mp doesnt meen you have to fly so far away
If you want I can teach you a couple of tricks on friday

I didn´t know you were good at photoshop....

www.brunobrokken.com
wuk??

very very nice

any problems with your neck due to weight of camera?

ever try the program PICASA 2 instead of photoshop

I find cs2 photoshop to slow for on sight processing

59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

any problems with your neck due to weight of camera?

It helps when you have the right kind of canopy if you want to carry a heavier helmet.I´ve been using a Spectre with dacron lines when I do camerawork for a long time and never really had a problem.(and love my velocity when I´m not filming....)

ever try the program PICASA 2 instead of photoshop

I find cs2 photoshop to slow for on sight processing ***

never heard of it ,will look it up in internet.thanks.

www.brunobrokken.com
wuk??

yea, i like it because i can copy the pictures to the computer, show the student a full screen slideshow, and burn the cd all using the same program. It also has basic editing features like crop, resize, and brghtness controls. That and it has a great interface for finding certain pictures. I have almost 8gigs of pictures and no slow downs either..

Far away... lol. :P that last one to have all four people framed that tightly he has to be pretty much on top of them with the 15mm lens on a full-frame-sensor camera like the 5D B|

nice work... though i'm not a huge canon fan so i think i'd spring for the Nikon D200 first for nearly half the cost. plus i've got a few nikkor lenses within my reach already.

matt