sky-pimp

goggle cam

i'm shore you have heard or read a bit about the gogglecam www.endlessfall.net .

it sound a good idea for anyone who wants to do camera and has had a previous neck injury .

bit on the costly side i thinks but whats you guys views and anyone actualy got one or used one ....
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

ye looked up bullet cam .... ya have to mount it into ya helmet coz of the size ..

thought the goggle idea looked quite neat

anyone actually used one ???:|

I have used one for about 50 BASE jumps. I have also mounted it on 2 skydives on my left glove. It works well, but sometimes the bulk of the fannypack is annoying. I recommend searching previous posts - there's alot of info out there already.
Also, I wouldn't recommend it for mounting on the goggles - since

A) it's fairly heavy as compared to the weight the goggle strap is meant to carry.
B) it will move ALOT if you head is exposted to airflow.(unless you want to have a uncomfortably tight strap)
C) you would have to have it WAaay out, unless you want half your head in the pic or you will have to use a fairly narrow lens.

If I am not mistaken, the original poster is asking about the goggle cam and not the bullet lipstick cam. There is an ad for it on Skydiving Magazine. It is a tiny camera lens that is attached to the inside of the goggles, on the frame. I found a pic of it on the web, but this one has the cam mounted on the ouside instead of the inside. Anyway, it gives you an idea.

edited: cuz I forgot to attach the pic

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

MY BAD.

I belive there's some footage of a tool like that on Jimmy Hallidays RADIX DVD. It shows Shane McConkey using one while skiing of a cliff. On the DVD the footage looked good. I would imagine a tiny CCD on a cam like that=great during good light, but not so good in low light. but this is all a speculation

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right about the resolution/quality. I too believe that it is a very interesting setup for personnal/fun footage. Probably not for commercial, as in selling it to tandems/students.
I guess that in the future, as same with the bullet cams, we will see a great improvement of resolution/quality and thus it will be an excellent alternative for shooting tandems ect...

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

I would imagine a tiny CCD on a cam like that=great during good light, but not so good in low light. but this is all a speculation

Until someone changes the laws of physics, it's not speculation. More light = better resolution, higher signal to noise ratio. Bigger lenses and biger CCD's = more light
illegible usually

I don't know...the PC109 has a 1/5 inch CCD and gets good results. The problem with the remote lens cam thingies I've seen is that you still need to have a camera and the goggle cam seems...costy!
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos